Audi A3 Speaker Upgrade?

Apex760

Reaction score
Hi All,

Picked up my 2010 Audi A3 at the weekend, first ever Audi i've owned and I'm in love with it, however I'm looking to upgrade the speakers as they just lack quality.

The car doesn't have Bose Speakers, Can someone recommend me a decent set of speakers? I think the door ones would be the easiest to do first!

Many thanks!

Glad to hear youre enjoying the car...we picked up our first Audi about a month ago and are loving it too!

You will be glad to hear there are some drop in replacement speaker kits available for your car meaning you can directly swap the speakers over without too much messing about, as a kit, you can get everything you need including the adapters required as well as tweeters that are a direct fit, for as little as £139!

Gladen Audio ONE M 165 Audi 3 are the ones you want

Higher ranges are also available depending on budget that you want to spend

You don't even need to spend that much .

41YfXL4MftL.jpg

x136TR650CS-f.jpeg

Depends how much you like your car audio...comparing entry level JBL to Gladen is like comparing your Audi to a Ford KA...most entry level equipment from proper car audio brands - Ascendant Audio, B2 Audio, Gladen, Mosconi, Sundown, Helix etc will knock the socks off most mid-high end products from the mainstream guys - Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, etc

You get what you pay for, and car audio is no exception, buy cheap, buy twice

What max and rms are the Gladen ?

Max figures are always made up, its a theoretical figure of what the manufacturers can blag that the speakers will take...RMS wise, again, many of the proper car audio companies will state a speaker does 100wrms for example but in reality, will take so much more power. Its much like saying a GTR R35 is said to have 500hp for arguments sake, but in reality, they produce 580hp...

You have to ask yourself, why does one speaker cost more than the other when the RMS figures are the same...why does one cost £100 yet another cost £1000...back to your Audi and a Ford KA, both may produce 150hp (for agurments sake), but the Audi is so much more refined and much nicer place to be in, but it costs more for that assurance and comfort

Dont even get me starting on things like theloudest.com and their 3000watt 6x9s lol

BTW, the Gladens are 85wrms, but its the quality of the components and their sound signiture that make them stand out

I was more seeking the info to see if they needed an amp or not.

Ah ok, sorry, Gladen are weird, they have some how managed to figure out a way to make speakers VERY efficient yet still always be able to take tons of power...I remember running a pair of them in my wifes old car off the headunit, but because the doors were fully deadened, I thought I accidently left a sub connected LOL! When amped, they were in a league of their own! Infact, I like them so much, I sold them to a friend, and then bought them back off him! They are intended to go into her S3 now!