audi a3 armrest phone cradle (adapter)

Delboy78

Reaction score
Evening.
Looking to see if there is a modification for the phone cradle on the arm rest on our a3 (2010). I cannot seem to find anything for this but wondering what others have done.

Thanks

Evening.
Looking to see if there is a modification for the phone cradle on the arm rest on our a3 (2010). I cannot seem to find anything for this but wondering what others have done.

Thanks

Haven’t purchased myself but I have seen on amazon you can buy a universal adaptor which is pretty much a large dish for your phone to sit on that clips into the original mount,

Personally I have my phone on the aux all the time so I made sure I got my S3 without the phone cradle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Delboy78
Just remove the cradle it is rather tedious but can be done if your willing to put the time in , plus you learn

Haven’t purchased myself but I have seen on amazon you can buy a universal adaptor which is pretty much a large dish for your phone to sit on that clips into the original mount,

Personally I have my phone on the aux all the time so I made sure I got my S3 without the phone cradle

Thanks will look into that

Just remove the cradle it is rather tedious but can be done if your willing to put the time in , plus you learn

Will it not just leave a big hole on the arm rest after taking it out

Nope. All i did to mine was put some cloth underneath hole and if you look around on site or ebay you can gat a divider to put in armrest and you dont see where the phone has come out off .

Take back ashtray out and there should be a connection where it joins to cradle if i mind unplug all cables.
Unscrew armrest and remove , then one off the big circle bits come away exposing the metal, then you have remove the black plastic covering the metal then go into tray itself and and work your way round the sides gently opening them up until you can remove it and slide cable through and then unscrew cradle fron insert and then put it back together.
You will see what i mean once you start removing bits a small flat screw driver is a handy tool

I bought the wireless charger dock for mine and installed that into it, very useful!

Reactions: Delboy78
Anyone know how to fix it if the clip has stopped locking the armrest compartment?

My car has the phone Bluetooth thing so make calls via that. I use itsi through the AMI or SD Cards for music

Which one pal

I made a thread about it here. Link to one I got I think, I will dig paper work out though and double check what one, all I know is there's two cradles one with and one without wireless charging. Both have a USB port too.

How does the wiring to the phone cradle work? I hate the sight of dangling wires so happy to fit in a universal cradle in the armrest - but have no idea on how to get a powered usb connection to it, given that the armrest moves!

Is this the one?
https://goo.gl/gWVVty

I'm not sure mate as you can see from my thread I already had that docking buy in the arm rest when I bought the car. I bought the wireless charging pad and clicked it into place. The usb port is in the pad.

Yea that's the one without wireless charging

I made a thread about it here. Link to one I got I think, I will dig paper work out though and double check what one, all I know is there's two cradles one with and one without wireless charging. Both have a USB port too.

Would you mind checking how the wiring is done from the armrest to the centre console please?
Would love to do a retrofit.

Would you mind checking how the wiring is done from the armrest to the centre console please?
Would love to do a retrofit.

I wouldn't know where to start mate, sorry. Did a quick google and found this. Pretty sure there's people on here that have done retrofits.

Thanks. But have don't it. Wireless charger comes tomoro.
Just need to find a switchable live nearby

Tap into fuse box on right side and look for a terminal15 fuse

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: flash911uk

I wired into my armrest I went through the hinge and under the opened flap by handbrake wired in a switch between cigarette lighter and charger my rocker switch fit perfectly in cigarette lighter (which I removed plug to obvs)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ch1z64