Audi A3 8V Sound System

Faisalkhan99

Reaction score
I’ve got an Audi A3 8v and noticed the sound system in the car is not really good when the music is on loud volume and the beat drops the car automatically turns the volume down and tones it down
Recently got apple car play fitted aswell and it has gone worse lol
any ideas on how to get this sorted or also what sound settings to use on Audi and also the car play aswell??

Are you B&O or not?

Year of car?

Who installed your carplay? Brand?

I doubt you will get your answers on a forum, probably best going to a car audio place so they can diagnose the issues you are experiencing

Are you B&O or not?

Year of car?

Who installed your carplay? Brand?

I doubt you will get your answers on a forum, probably best going to a car audio place so they can diagnose the issues you are experiencing
Hi it’s not B&so it’s standard
2015 plate A3
Installed by a company in local area it was a issue before car play the sound system seems to soften the music when the beat drops It’s weird

I’ve noticed it in my 2017 s3, I imagine it’s the amp limiting the sound to avoid distortion or similar

It's common for in car sound systems to have built in limiters now, as to not blow amps or speakers which are otherwise a pain in the backside to fix. Unfortunately, the basic audi sound system doesnt go very loud and if like me you have the bass turned up a couple of notches (no sub) its even worse. If you don't want the level drop when the bass kicks in then turn it down a bit. Apart from upgrading parts of the system there isnt much you can do.

Reactions: Alex.S3
For CarPlay volume drop, go to Settings->Music on your iPhone and disable “Sound Control”, or however it is called, the exact next option after “Equalizer”.
Also, do not expect bass at high volume from stock setup, paper-cone door speakers cannot handle this and the headunit protects them just as you describe.