Audi A3 2015 8V SatNav Update

Adam Evans

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone been to a local dealership to have JUST THE MAPS and CARD updateded.

I have the SatNav working on the 2015 maps.

Cardiff Want £300.

I emailed a few other dealerships but if you have had it done can you let me know where and at what price :).

P.S If you have a unregistered SD card with 2018 onwards maps for sale lmk hahaha.

Hi,

Has anyone been to a local dealership to have JUST THE MAPS and CARD updateded.

I have the SatNav working on the 2015 maps.

Cardiff Want £300.

I emailed a few other dealerships but if you have had it done can you let me know where and at what price :).

P.S If you have a unregistered SD card with 2018 onwards maps for sale lmk hahaha.

Its about the going rate sadly, give or take £20-30. You cant just use the SD card unless you have registration key entries, this is done through ODIS at the dealer. All designed to ensure you keep paying and paying for updates.

Another option is that you can have your MIB unit cracked by Vag Tec, and they will update the maps to 2020 ones for £100 and provide free map updates for life. You can go to them in Doncaster or send your unit to them.

http://vagtec.co.uk/

This is similar to the people who upgrade their MIB1 to MIB2, the MIB unit is hacked (and in an 1-2 case, coded to the vehicle chassis number) and many of the MIB units for this upgrade are done by Vagtec.

I'd ask them about liability insurance first in case something went wrong though, as I would any retrofitter/garage etc.