Audi 2.0tdi 150ps/184ps tuning

Flapper

Reaction score
Just been talking to my local Shark dealer at AP Automotive in Telford.

It seems that the latest releases from Shark are for the VAG 2.0tdi 184 which I think they released in the summer and this week released the 150ps.

The 150ps is meant to get results of around 200hp.

Another bonus is that they can be tuned via OBD to, no more ECU removal for latest diesel tuning on VAG cars.

So the question begs, who's going to be the first to get it done??

@Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Has been doing these for a while now. He is even releasing the equivalent of a Bluefin box so that you can reload the standard map back on the car should it need to go into the dealers, obviously all done through the OBD without having to remove the ECU.
There are a few threads on here with dyno results etc.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2-0tdi-184-dyno-results.226276/#post-2256959

He is a forum sponsor and only just up the road in Stockport. I can very much recommend him after he mapped my A4.

Karl.

I believe Shark Released their 184hp software back in June, as they have their own 184hp test bed.

They released the 150hp software this week.

I was chatting to Ant at AP, & he did mention that they are now able to map via OBD as you quite rightly pointed out.

Hi guys I have a 184 on order due hopefully before Xmas , what sort of gains do you get on the 184 from the software ?
It's a company car so would look at the OBD / plug in option ?

+1 for Rick at Unicorn. He did a fantastic job on my 150 TDI.

Hi, I have seen other threads were they are reaching 220bhp ( ish ) , it something I will into further and see if anyway in or around Glasgow can help . Cheers