Armrest... What the Jeff is this????

sloth_sloman

Does anyone know what this is in my armrest and is it removable? Seems to take up alot of the space

Attachments

• IMG_7885.JPG
    IMG_7885.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,451

LukeyC

Yes as Saeed says - this is the base connector for a phone cradle. When I bought my car it had a cradle attached for what I think was a Nokia 6xxx series phone attached to it.

I'd be a bit wary of trying to remove it through - I ejected the cradle to free up some space (so mine looks like yours does now with just the base plate) but if I scan my car for errors it does flag it as not having a cradle attached.

I've no idea what would happen if you then tried to further remove the baseplate from the system - possibly cause a even greater issue.

sloth_sloman

Yes as Saeed says - this is the base connector for a phone cradle. When I bought my car it had a cradle attached for what I think was a Nokia 6xxx series phone attached to it.

I'd be a bit wary of trying to remove it through - I ejected the cradle to free up some space (so mine looks like yours does now with just the base plate) but if I scan my car for errors it does flag it as not having a cradle attached.

I've no idea what would happen if you then tried to further remove the baseplate from the system - possibly cause a even greater issue.

ok mate thanks, think i'll leave it then

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
You could always buy one of these to hide the phone cradle and it also offers some storage space. I have one myself and they are very useful.

sloth_sloman

You could always buy one of these to hide the phone cradle and it also offers some storage space. I have one myself and they are very useful.

Does this just sit on top of the cradle then? Are you able to mod it to still be able to get to Aux port and charger port?