Armrest Repair

Avant4me

The're Graphite not black!!
Reaction score
My armrest has broken. The clip that holds the top part shut when the armrest is up snapped off the other day and i need to try and repair it. I don't want to force the lid off, and even if i do get it off it looks glued together. Any one know how to take this apart and if you can buy the replacement clip?

Matt

You can't buy the clip separately, so it's repair or replace (£65 for a leather one iirc) - I'm sure I've seen a repair guide on here somewhere.

I think you just squeeze the two lugs at the hinge end together to pop the lid off.

My armrest has broken. The clip that holds the top part shut when the armrest is up snapped off the other day and i need to try and repair it. I don't want to force the lid off, and even if i do get it off it looks glued together. Any one know how to take this apart and if you can buy the replacement clip?

Matt

magnetic cupboard catch from DIY, fit the magnetic part just inside the armrest below the catch, then the thin steel plate just inside the lid, you won't see it when it's closed and will hold just as well as the orig; catch, for less than £2

What's wrong with a big thick rubber band round the whole armrest? Loads of those red Royal Mail ones lying about, as well. Deffo the cheap option.
It won't open when the armrest is in the up position - so problem solved!:jester: