Applying for a job that turns out to be already filled....

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
It's not hard is it?

To take a job advertisement down from online, once the company is happy with the amount of applications?

I mean that has to be simple practice for a business requiring new staff members doesn't it?

ANYWAY....AUDI....yes Audi....have ****** done it....spent a good hour or 2 amending my CV and starting on a covering letter for absolutely no use what so ever!

I called the centre in question up just a moment ago to be advised that the position had been filled....yeah great one! Could have taken it offline after the first interviewing process had happened....

TWATS....

Gives me so much confidence in applying for another job with Audi in the future...

Anyway- that's my Friday rant done for now

Many companies need to be seen to be 'actively recruiting' even though no placements are available.
Agency work is the worst, they need to fill there books up with potential workers, so they can win contracts to supply workers. If your worker database is empty then you wouldnt be able to supply at short notice or to cover sickness etc. Used to wind me right up joining 5-6 agencies and getting no work.

Yep, I completely understand agency work - I have a few friends in I.T who get very annoyed with their agencies messing them about and saying they have jobs they can apply for when they have nothing available for them! That's the problem with contractual work I've been told though; expect a lot of messing about to get your desired money with no guarantee on how long the position is available for.

I'm mainly annoyed because it was direct through the Audi website - so no agency or third party company involved what so ever -

Careers < About Audi < Audi UK

We should all reply... wonder if the local crackhead would be considered for this position too?... hmmm

Reactions: kwistof
We should all reply... wonder if the local crackhead would be considered for this position too?... hmmm

That post just made me literally 'laugh out loud' in my office :)

After feeling a bit peed off for the past hour... I thank you :icon_thumright:

Could be worse, I went for an interview for a job that had already been filled!

I found out it had already been filled because an ex-colleague of mine received a phone call from the HR woman when she realised we'd worked together. She eventually phoned me to tell me that the job had "unfortunately" already been filled.

Turns out he'd been offered it the week before and had been in & signed the contract earlier that same day!

What pee'd me off most was the fact the HR woman didn't ask my permission to contact him - could've dropped me right in it with my bosses if he'd wanted to (as they didn't know I was looking at the time).

Don't get me started on recruitment agents sending out my CV without my permission either... especially when they sent it to a firm run by one of your friends! "Oh, so you're looking for a new job are you?" :banghead: