Anyone used/own one of these?

alpesh26

Reaction score

Anyone here used/own the above blower for drying the car? Would you recommend?

Can't seem to find any reviews for this and don't always trust the Amazon ones. Hoping it will help sort the dribble from the door mirrors after washing!

Tbh it blows air, even a cheap hair drier will do a similar job, these are fairly generic & available from numerous sellers, at least Prime has 30 days to test & easy returns, eBay can be a ballache at times.

Reactions: alpesh26
To get rid of those annoying dribbles I kitchen towel or Hi Dri type materials. Fold it up and push it into the places where the water is sitting, on my car the ends of the roof racks, low area of the open mirror, and the underneath as well, along the bottom of the rear window, auch everywhere.

Mike

Reactions: alpesh26
But the blowers much more fun to use than a towel...

Anyone here used/own the above blower for drying the car? Would you recommend?

Can't seem to find any reviews for this and don't always trust the Amazon ones. Hoping it will help sort the dribble from the door mirrors after washing!
I had a Bigboi dryer very similar to that, for the same reason: to blow the water out of the mirror housings and similar nooks and crannies. I‘d come back an hour later and there would still be dribbles.

Reactions: NevMan and alpesh26
I had a Bigboi dryer very similar to that, for the same reason: to blow the water out of the mirror housings and similar nooks and crannies. I‘d come back an hour later and there would still be dribbles.
Might not bother then

On a coated car, particularly products with very high slickness and hydrophobic properties, you can air dry the car with the big boi blower. However, unless you've got a DI vessel or similar water filtration system going, the air + heat combo means any water droplets that dry as they're being blown across a panel will leave a minor streak. There's nothing stopping you from going over the car with some glass cleaner to remove that, but then if you're going to that length, you could probably save yourself the effort and use a drying towel for the majority of panels.

Reactions: NevMan
On a coated car, particularly products with very high slickness and hydrophobic properties, you can air dry the car with the big boi blower. However, unless you've got a DI vessel or similar water filtration system going, the air + heat combo means any water droplets that dry as they're being blown across a panel will leave a minor streak. There's nothing stopping you from going over the car with some glass cleaner to remove that, but then if you're going to that length, you could probably save yourself the effort and use a drying towel for the majority of panels.
The car has Gtechniq C1 applied. Sounds like the dryer is more hassle than its worth in my scenario where I want to reduce the streaks. Will stick with the drying towels.

Reactions: pelhamsdetailing