Anyone upgraded from B&O sound system to an aftermarket setup?

AudiLeon96

Reaction score
Hi guys,
As the title suggests, has anyone upgraded the sound system (mainly door speakers) from the B&O system to an aftermarket one? Dont get me wrong the B&O sounds nice but it's quite bass heavy and when you reduce the bass, everything sounds a little flat. I've played around with the equaliser but still not happy. So just wondered if anyone had incorporated anything aftermarket to the B&O system and what they can report.
Thanks

I find the opposite. The b&o is quite bright at the high end and lacks a bit of bass almost opposite of my old bose setup in the a6. The sub is tiny so not up to much.
Are you sure something it isn’t broken like a tweeter?
I would say to change anything you would require them all to be changed with amps and everything. Most aftermarket speakers/amps are 4 ohms or less and no doubt factory fitted speakers/amps will be like 6 or 8 ohms.

Reactions: AudiLeon96
I find the opposite. The b&o is quite bright at the high end and lacks a bit of bass

Agree with this too, although this doesn't help the OP, sound deadening the doors, boot floor (under the carpet under the spare wheel) and under the rear seat bench helped with the bass response

Agree with this too, although this doesn't help the OP, sound deadening the doors, boot floor (under the carpet under the spare wheel) and under the rear seat bench helped with the bass response

It’s great for what I use it for as I rarely have the volume high enough for it to bother me.
Not 18 anymore with my big subs trying to blow the windscreen out :wink:

Reactions: alpesh26
I think the system sounds ace. Plenty of bass if you whack the sub up. Also very good sound if you don’t want the bass imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the system sounds ace. Plenty of bass if you whack the sub up. Also very good sound if you don’t want the bass imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See that's the thing, I dont really like bass if I'm honest but when I reduce it, it just sounds a little underwhelming. In my head I feel I just want a crisper sound (vocals). Thank you all for your replies though, may look into some sound deadening or something

Reactions: RS03_SEN
I went with the B&O because I didn't want to go down the aftermarket route, sound deadening such as Dynamat will most certainly help.

I did find it took some time to find a setting I was happy with, there was a thread on here that some folks had posted their settings on. I found one of those to work for me, however I would be the opposite to you, I really like bass heavy tracks.