Anyone know when the S4 will be released? Driving me nuts

Joetidman

Reaction score
Title says it all (pun not intended). Whilst I'm not desperate to get my S3 saloon chopped in straight away, the long wait for further details, spec, road tests etc is killing me. To be honest I've pretty much set my sights on this being my next car (specced to the max), but I have my reservations on the 8speed ZF box, which feels like a cost saving exercise, and I was somewhat disappointed.

Anyone know? Audi UK are useless, and my dealer said March which has passed, and has since gone strangely quiet on me...

I was told they wouldn't arrive before late summer so you would expect them to be being ordered soon.

I was interested in an S4, then drove an 272 tdi and its plenty fast enough. It may not be for you but its worth a drive to see. It has the same tiptronic box and in dynamic its pretty quick although probably not as fast an stronic.

According to the specs the 272 is about 0.4 s slower 0-60, in everyday use your not going to notice it.

Thanks for that, I have specced up that model (as its closest to the S4). No idea what the price difference might be? It comes in at £51K so hopefully the S4 won't be much different. It does look like a great car, with some amazing pace, but I'm a petrol head, and I would definitely miss the farts and burbles on my S3, and I like the high-revving on the petrol models, even if the difference in real-world pace is marginal. What I'm most excited about with the S4 is actually the tech. It won't be a massive increase in power over my S3 I don't think, but the virtual cockpit, Matrix LED's etc look a step above

Mine was about the same but I got about £7k off and I figured the S4 will priced higher and there will be few discounts on them for a while so the price difference would be significant. You would not know the 272 is a diesel its that good, I know it doesn't do the same engine noises but actually who knows what the new turbocharged S4 is going to sound like anyway.

The tech is very impressive, I specced my up and I don't regret any of it.

The Head up display is worth a look too.

Reactions: h1r4
Farts and burbles oh those gear change noises don't you just love them! :wub:

My dealer was told that order books would open in May with Autumn deliveries at the earliest.

With the long current wait for B9 models, I would imagine it will be a long wait.

Still waiting for solid pricing from my dealer.

I fear that it's going to be a significant uplift from the B8.

I built a 2.0T s line to my spec online and pushed it past £45k with ease....

If the S4, with a few bits on it, gets up to near £50k then I'll have to rethink.

Still waiting for solid pricing from my dealer.

I fear that it's going to be a significant uplift from the B8.

I built a 2.0T s line to my spec online and pushed it past £45k with ease....

If the S4, with a few bits on it, gets up to near £50k then I'll have to rethink.

hi Dan, my relatively conservatively optioned 252 2.0T was roughly £43k before discount, so the S4 equivalent is bound to be £50k. I too would love the S4, but figured it was a step too far, plus I need to change my car sooner than later.

Although, if it's anything like my S3, there will be a certain amount of extra standard kit, so that may offset things a little. We'll have to wait and see...

David

I found when I optioned up my previous B8.5 with the 245PS 3.0 Tdi, for the same options on an S4 it only would've been about £1500 (ish) more so I used the new 272PS and optioned it how I wanted and then added £2k on top to figure how much it might be for the new S4 with that level of kit.

That said, I'm sure that I read that things like the adaptive suspension is standard on the S3 now so maybe, as David said, there would be some standard kit I would've previously paid for separately as an option... I'm anxious to get one on the configurator to be honest, hope it appears soon!

Whilst I have no doubt that the B9 is a great improvement over the B8 in many areas, when I consider that I bought my nearly fully loaded S5 sportback a year ago for just over £42K because of the hefty discount available, I do shudder at the thought of paying well over £50K for a B9 S4 or S5, especially because it has so many more tempting (and expensive) options. Once the price approaches £60K there are a fair few other cars that start to become attractive...

It was also suggested to me that if supply is limited then discounts of the level available on the A4 will be hard to achieve.
The S4 has always been a low volume seller c500 per annum compared to c4000 the S3 sells.

I know it's the dark side but the bmw 340i is a fantastic and quick car, its 320bhp rwd and it's currently available with around £9000 of it

I test drove one, quite liked it but didn't really do anything for me and the interior is dated and the technology is nowhere near the B9, no wonder there are big discounts on them.

Reactions: Despretine
There's is a new idrive that's just been released which should update things abit but do agree the interior looks dated compared to a the B9

A165001_large.jpg

Reactions: gordie1973 and cuke2u