Anyone know what these are and how they fit for new wheels

robps3

Reaction score
Got my new delivery of wheels today have these fittings anyone know how they fit and in what order lol.

Attachments

• 20180504_195950.jpg
    20180504_195950.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 20180504_191357.jpg
    20180504_191357.jpg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 273
Those are centering rings for correct hub fitting of the alloy to your car and are required for most aftermarket wheels. They are specific to your hub dimensions.

They are centering rings. The wheel has a cone shaped hole at the centre which fits on the cone shaped hub. The cone ensures that the wheel goes on perfectly central.

Aftermarket wheels aren't designed for a specific car, so must fit multiple hubs. As a result, they are built with a large hole in the centre, and an adaptor is needed to adjust the wheel to the shape of the hub.

They should just push into the depression in the centre of the mounting surface of the wheel. You should see a slight taper - obviously, this needs to be small end towards the face of the wheel, and wide end towards the hub, otherwise you won't get the wheel on the hub.

Finally, before you proceed, you should check that you have the correct wheel bolts. In general, aftermarket wheels can't be used with audi wheel bolts/locking bolts. Audi use spherical-seat bolts to centre the wheel. Most after market wheels need cone-seat bolts. If you try to use the audi wheel bolts, the wheel will not be secured and may be cracked by the incorrect pressure.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and robps3
thanks wish i read this earlier, ended up putting the spigot in the wrong way and the retaining ring was holding it, took ages to get it out.
im still unsure, does the thin metal ring go into the wheel first the the larger ring

The spigot ring goes in first which is the ring that reduces the centre bore of the wheel down to the centre bore diameter on your car. The the thin c shaped clip secures the spigot ring. Have a look at the video I linked to.