any seat ibiza cupra experts on here

adrian2006uk

Reaction score
if the are any experts can you pm me my mate having trouble and i am trying to help him
car will turn over but not start
no power to the fuel pump fuse
no spark to the coilpacks
is the relay that controls both if so where is it and which one :icon_thumright:

You sure the cambelt aint broken!

Check compression, check the belt is intact. It would help knowing the circumstances of the failure, ie stop when driving, jsut would not fire up one morning, ran low on gas, then stopped, or whatever! Any funny noised when it failed, was it being ragged or pootling about in traffic.

There are so many things it could be, get a vagcome check on it if you have not done so. It could be a simple dodgy earth, a blown fuse, or 20 bent valves!!

We need more info!

Check the ECU, i've just had water in mine and it turned over but wouldnt start. As the ibiza 1 is located under the scuttle (wiper panel) check it out.

Mine sorted now, i didnt have much water in there but i had little limescale of some sort clogging the circuits.

Hope this helps...

i had a Mk3 ibiza cupra prior to the s3. sounds to me like a possible immobilizer issue, or ecu failure. Do you have vag com available to you to run a diagnostic ?. should log any faults especially with fuel pump.

I've seen ecu failures with very similar symptoms. Has the car been modified, ie remapped or chipped.

Try taking the battery of for 30 mins and let ecu reset it self. reconnect it open the bonnet and turn the ignition to the 1st position, (the 1 before engines starts). this should realign the throttle body. u should hear it do this.

If no joy could mean a trip to a specialst diagnostic.

best of luck