ANY 1 HERE LIVE IN OR NEAR BRAINTREE ESSEX?

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
we wanna move from where we are now to some where a little quieter and a little less chavish. been looking on line and we kinda like the look of braintree in essex. seems quite cheap also can get a lot more for your £800pcm that what you can round here. Question is.... any of you lot live near or in Braintree could pass on some info/advice about the place?? Maybe even some suggestions on locations to live which is a nice place to raise a family. needs to be within a hour of Cheshunt/enfield area.

Thanks

oh i long for a driveway! lol

i'm about 8 miles from braintree .. don't really know the town very well to be fair ..
but because 'braintree' council is based there they seem to get good investment from the council (compared to other towns in the district)
good road links to stanstead/m11/chelmsford
train links aren't great but it does have a branch line that joins the mainline at witham
two fair size tescos
decent cinema / ten pin bowling / outlet centre / retail park
(hein gericke if your a biker... have to mention that because a friend recently took over running the store)
leisure center
horse racing track (not sure if its finished yet)
bmx track
town center is like most other small towns (if not slightly smaller)
some great road just north of braintree (out towards finchingfield)
i only ever really ride through the outskirts of the town on my bike (or visit friends).. so don't really see much of the town
some nice countryside in the surrounding area

the mrs will want to goto chelmsford for proper shopping

i almost moved there 5 years ago (from chelmsford) but didn't due to wanting to be on the main trainline, if i had kids i would have most likely moved to braintree (as when i live there is very little from kids to do)

particular roundabouts can be a bottleneck in the morning i've been told
(but that would depending where you lived in the town and where you were heading)

very helpfull two, cheers mate... we are juggling between chelmsford and braintree atm. im getting excited just looking at that lovley country side, NO CHAV GANGS ON THE CORNERS!!!

as for travling out, it would either be towards gatwick or heathrow or to my office which is based in cheshunt so i could miss the m25 out driving from braintree area. currently takes me a hour to get to my office from where im living plus adding traffic times on to that.

chelmsford .. was in the top ten towns to live in (i lived there for about 10 years)
I would avoid Melbourne, Moulsham, & Hylands...Loads of Chavs ...but all parts have there good & bad areas....
Galleywood is quite nice just outside chelmsford....about 2-3 miles from the town...
athough i was told to avoid from Barnard Road and Pymms road, nothing but trouble!
writtle is nice... springfield/chelmer village/borham are all ok areas

i think you may find travelling from braintree to cheshunt easier than from chelmsford
the A414 from chelmsford is a busy single carriageway
the A120 from braintree is all new

worthbearing in mind the effect the stanstead expansion will have on house prices in the area... most predict that prices will go up

Agree with two - the new A120 is all dual carriageway from Braintree to the M11 at Stansted, and then you could either continue to the A10 and drive south, or go south down the M11 and leave at Harlow to reach Cheshunt.

I grew up in Essex and I think Braintree is basically okay, although towns like Chelmsford and Colchester have more going on.

all this reminded me of was the old essex girls jokes...........................

sorry im no where near that area so can`t comment

Agree with two - the new A120 is all dual carriageway from Braintree to the M11 at Stansted, and then you could either continue to the A10 and drive south, or go south down the M11 and leave at Harlow to reach Cheshunt.

I grew up in Essex and I think Braintree is basically okay, although towns like Chelmsford and Colchester have more going on.

its lookin more like chelmford / braintree area that we will be living in. as long as its quiet and my kids can play out the front without fear of them getting stabbed or run over by some little ****** on a go-ped.

spoke to a mate whos lived in braintree for 28 years

basically came back with what has already been posted...but with the following useful addition, 'Fairview estate can be a bit dodgy, so can the Glebe estate'