(Another) knocking noise

Id

Reaction score
Quick question

Was pressing on through my favourite twisty bit of road on friday night when I noticed a pretty bad knocking noise directly under my feet, could actually feel it through the floor. Does not happen all the time, usually only when I hit bumps mid corner above 35mph, but also occasioanlly on bumpy stretches of road.

Car did not feel weird or anything, and could not feel the movement through the steering wheel or gearstick.

It's a MY01 with a 30mm drop and 235/45/17 tyres fitted so a little wider than standard.

It also has a full aftermarket Remus exhaust fitted.

I'm hoping to get it up on stands over the coming days, but an indication of what I should be looking for would be appreciated.

Cheers

I did consider that, but wouldn't that cause the knock to come from the front, rather than mid, of the car?

did turn out to be the ARB bushes. Getting replaced tommorow

Cheers

maybe your exhaust hitting...have a look how close it is to the floor and how loose the hangers are...might be the problem

maybe your exhaust hitting...have a look how close it is to the floor and how loose the hangers are...might be the problem

Yeah, I'm thinking this might be an issue as well. Seems to be common enough. I'll get the bushs done as they are knackered anyway, then see how it goes.