Another 'Celeb' death

Status
Not open for further replies.
1,163 word complaint?! Add that to that 1,900 words he's used in this thread to complain already and what do we get? We get someone who has nothing better to do! :tocktock:

I'm sorry that you have had to waste, much needed, time dealing with this Rob.

LMAO at this thread:laugh:

All i will say is R.I.P stephen, no one deserves to die at 33!

And to all the moaners on this thread take this....:asskicking:

Mr Shades, I moved it due to the fact that Jase chose to ask for opinions in the admin forum as he did not want to come across as "picking" on you.

:blink: *sigh* Then why o' why didn't you just say so? Something simple like "Me and Jase have had a word about the joke and we both agree that it shouldn't be in the thread" and I would have put my hands up and said fair enough. I'm not that unreasonable. The reason this escalated is because it appeared to me that one mod had made a decision (perhaps based on past events, because, up to that point, no-one else had complained) and another mod was "blindy" standing by the first. It is not as though this sort of situation does not happen and regrettably it was exactly my interpretation of events. I really wish you had of said that sooner.

@Rob;

Is it wrong of me to be laughing at some of your comments? (I mean laughing in a "that's actually quite funny" way and not "I think that's stupid" way!). I'm fairly certain that I wasn't supposed to be laughing but you make it very difficult! :blush:

Anyways...

Please accept my apologies, to you and everybody, for the disruption caused to the thread. It would appear to be a simple misinterpretation of a situation that got much too far out of hand, for that I sincerely apologise. I also apologise to Jason, Mark and yourself if any of you thought I was seriously questioning your general abilities to administer this forum. You may not believe it but I'm a pretty fair person and as such I expect nothing less in return. When I find myself in a situation, such as I perceived this to be, I will absolutely and unequivocally stand my ground, for that I make no apologies. However, that does not mean I am above apologising, as I have done above, when I get something wrong.

I am, however, surprised and a little saddened by your decision to publicly air something which was sent to you in private as a private message. If you felt it necessary to give people a little background info then alluding to the fact that me and Jason have "locked horns" in the past would have been fine. However revealing even minor details of something I sent you in confidence does not send out the best message to anyone else who may wish to do so in the future. Furthermore, for the record, I sent you one, long PM to avail you of all the facts as I saw them so as to specifically avoid playing ping-pong with private messages. I also didn't expect nor desire a reply, and any course of action you chose to take was entirely your business and not of my interest. I was simply letting you know how extremely unhappy I was with how the matter in question was dealt with and, as I said, hoped that it could be used as nothing more than an example of how to possibly not let certain situations develop in the future.

Speaking of avoiding certain situations may I be as bold (or outright cheeky!) to make the suggestion that perhaps, in future, a little more transparency about certain decisions could be useful? As you already know I too am a moderator on a busy forum and to specifically avoid situations of misinterpretation, misunderstandings and alleged bias we operate with a certain level of transparency. If someone feels aggrieved by the decision of one then, much as Jase and Mark did (but sadly only revealed much, much later), we confer and actually let individuals know the situation has been discussed in private and any conclusions we have come to have been reached as a group (or at least by more than one person) at a very early stage in any signs of a conflict. This, in one easy step, removes misinterpretations of decisions and allegations of possible bias, and really does work. The most important thing though is to get in there early. Its just a suggestion.

Lastly, about the "little Hitler" thing:

I (made clear I) wasn't equating any of the mod team to Hitler himself (I wouldn't be that offensive, and besides, I'm pretty certain none of the mods have invaded neighbouring countries, committed mass genocide, or even has dodgy hair and a funny moustache! You are the absolute last person I'd have thought would misinterpret the tongue-firmly-in-cheek reference to "Little Hitler", which means nothing more than "An unnecessarily or pretentiously dictatorial person (or persons)", which was how I saw it at the time.

Best regards, and apologies,

Shades

I am, however, surprised and a little saddened by your decision to publicly air something which was sent to you in private as a private message.

As you quite clearly like to do your washing in public then it seems quite fitting that Rob should do his ironing on the street too.

Speaking of avoiding certain situations may I be as bold (or outright cheeky!) to make the suggestion that perhaps, in future, a little more transparency about certain decisions could be useful?

Nearly all live threads such as this as discussed in the admin forum thereby ensuring that we try to maintain the right standards and continuity when moderating. It should have been fairly obvious that Mark and Jason had discussed this behind closed doors so confusion about that should not have arisen.

In terms of your complaint you seem to have done the typical thing that a lot of members have done in threads such as this. You argue a point and then as and when those points are answered your argument changes. Eventually you realise you're not winning and just say "Well why didn't you say that in the first place!". If you read back this thread your argument starts with the point of the decision i.e. that this thread isn't an R.I.P. thread and why can't we have a joke, and then ends up that you were complaining about the different approaches by the moderators. A lack of continuity on your part that only served to make the whole thing last so long that I got bored of replying to your contradictory statements.

Lastly, about the "little Hitler" thing:

I (made clear I) wasn't equating any of the mod team to Hitler himself (I wouldn't be that offensive, and besides, I'm pretty certain none of the mods have invaded neighbouring countries, committed mass genocide, or even has dodgy hair and a funny moustache! You are the absolute last person I'd have thought would misinterpret the tongue-firmly-in-cheek reference to "Little Hitler", which means nothing more than "An unnecessarily or pretentiously dictatorial person (or persons)", which was how I saw it at the time.

It's funny how people can post a picture that is obviously not meant in jest, isn't posted in a thread that has any comedy in it and can only really be directed at a single person, then when that person complains they turn around a deny that it was meant that way.

To deny that you were calling Mark a Little Hitler just says to me that you have no balls.

Shades> Thanks, I don't think there's much else to say now.

Staz might've put it a little more bluntly than I would, but I only referred to previous things (didn't go into massive detail though (no quotes etc.)), because this thread had already gotten pretty public, in terms of a mahoosive off-topic jaunt about the forum's magna carta as it were. I think there was also a little value in suggesting an alternative, more informal and easy-going alternative means of opening a dialogue too.

Also, for the record (as Staz mentions); most things outside the most basic removal of spambots and other such housekeeping, all matters are at least noted, but most often discussed among the Mod/Admin team as a matter of course.

Anyway, all done now...

Let's just get back to the Audi stuff...

All the best,

Rob.

Last edited:
Staz might've put it a little more bluntly than I would,

Sorry Rob, but I seem to get more and more blunt with people who just seem intent on giving us, or other members (not least quattrojames) a hard time over trivial matters.

Staz might've put it a little more bluntly than I would,
I must admit I very nearly bit, but I'll take a little of Marks advice and exercise a little restraint. :yes:

At this point I only hope that Jason can accept my apologies :ermm:, even if he chooses to acknowledge them or not.

Regards,

Shades.

At this point I only hope that Jason can accept my apologies :ermm:, even if he chooses to acknowledge them or not.

Regards,

Shades.

Thanks and accepted...were cool
:beerchug:

think this thread needs to end on a good note so thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.