AMK CV Joints any good?

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone ever fitted AMK CV Joints? I went into my local motor factors today hoping they would have GKN but all they had a was AMK. I've had a quick look around the web and cannot find anything bad about them, just want to make sure they are not made of recycled bottle tops, and will need replacing in 1 or 2 years. The one on my car are still the original OEM ones (GKN branded) and wondering if I should just stick with GKN?

I take it you mean CV boot kits? I used to rate GKN stuff, but after fitting them for a few years the rubber seems to deteriorate prematurely after 2-3 years. I've always replaced them rather than wait from them to split. Now I just stick with genuine Audi ones. Price isn't too bad, but considering its a messy job, it's worth doing it right.

No my CV joints are shot and need replacing, but to be fair they have done almost 300K miles. I replaced the CV boot last year with Audi boot kits as I wanted to clean out the CV joint and regress to see if I could stop the noise when on lock, but it's made no difference and it's getting worse.

Cheers, will give them a ring. Think I'm going down the GKN route, the AMK CV joints are just over £20 each which puts them in the Q drive bracket of chocolate parts!

I change the pinch bolt every year, for the cost of £10 + 5 min to fit it's worth changing them, compared to the hours it can take getting seized ones out.

No point buying the pinch bolt from audi at ripoff prices. Its just a standard M10 bolt, buy a handfull of BZP ones from your local fasteners place, you'll probably get 5 years supply for £10 :p

Fair enough, but £10 over the course of a year is not bad, I spill more than that on a good night out:very drunk: