AMG wheels on our A4.

Dado

Reaction score
b7295fb1d63ce6b6e1913d0758067d42.jpg

CLA 45 19" matte black wheels

Has anyone done it? Is it a straight fit? Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using the 7AP website to look at the wheel size
http://mercedes.7zap.com/en/eu/fg/car/cla-klasse/cla+45+amg/p08/117352/fg/0/0/40/0/015/0/0/#220

they are number 220 16-SPOKE WHEEL, REAR AXLE 8.0J X 19 H2 ET 48

Also
http://www.wheel-size.com/size/mercedes/cla-class/2016/#trim-amg-cla-45-eudm

Wheel bolts are M14* 1.5 the same as the A4 A 000 990 49 07 These are radius bolts but about 3mm longer than the A4.
PCD is the same 5 x 112 same centre bore.
On the A4 the 19 inch wheels are 8.5 inch wide with a 255 tyre. The offset is almost the same.
http://www.wheel-size.com/size/audi/a4/2013/

They will fit fine, they may look better with some spacers depending in the tyres used and the drop of the vechicle.

Reactions: Chop.
This is exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you so much

Just as a warning. MB center bore is 66.6mm and Audi 66.5mm.
I had tremble problems with my previous B8 using MB wheels. They were so bad that I changed wheels to Audi originals.

I just checked and you are right, there is a 0.1 mm difference, and if it wasnt for you I would have never thought it would make a difference. Cheers dude, I'll stick to Audi wheels :p

Honestly I cannot imagine 0.1mm making any particular difference.There will be a tolerance on the centre bore diameter and the spigot diameter.
They will never be the same as it would be too easy to get a build up of corrosion and then it would be difficult to make the wheel fit
The Centre bore is there purely to locate the wheel centrally, It's not to carry any load the bolts do that.
If it was load carrying then most spigot rings wouldn't be made from plastic.
As long as all the bolts are nipped up before the weight is put on the wheel there wouldn''t be an issue and the wheel would be centred.
Most vibration issues people get are usually due to flat spots on alloys due to pot holes / poor quality or tyre issues.

Reactions: Chop., xpoweruk and CHEZ
Honestly I cannot imagine 0.1mm making any particular difference.There will be a tolerance on the centre bore diameter and the spigot diameter.
They will never be the same as it would be too easy to get a build up of corrosion and then it would be difficult to make the wheel fit
The Centre bore is there purely to locate the wheel centrally, It's not to carry any load the bolts do that.
If it was load carrying then most spigot rings wouldn't be made from plastic.
As long as all the bolts are nipped up before the weight is put on the wheel there wouldn''t be an issue and the wheel would be centred.
Most vibration issues people get are usually due to flat spots on alloys due to pot holes / poor quality or tyre issues.

What he said, spigots are centralising rings in there application, the fact that the internal bore diameter is greater on the merc wheels will make fitting easier rather than the other way round when they would be too tight to fit.
Wheel bolt choice however is critical, not too long, but not too short

Reactions: Chop.
Just writing my own experience. With Audi wheels and same tires the tremble disappeared.
There is also a long thread of this happening on a Finnish vag forum, how exact b8 is of the setting of the center bore of a wheel.
And those MB wheels were checked at a tire shop and they were ok.