• 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 322
  • 0008.jpg
    0008.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Reactions: Wondering Soul, Scottyg, PanamaS3 and 4 others
What were you thinking of in terms of spec?

Engine is built to the current BTCC regulations and AFAIK Owen Developments supply all of the turbos.

If I remember that's around 350bhp.
Overview of the current regs here...

http://www.btcc.net/about/technical-overview/

The peak power isn't huge,but the way those cars can carry speed through bends is amazing.

More good news on the AMD front is a step up in the British GT class as well.

http://www.britishgt.com/newsitem.php?key=2458

From memory,and no doubt this will be inaccurate,as the arms race between teams increases,the cost of a new build to a good spec is around £500k and even a decent used(last year's car) is into the £250k region,before you even run the car.
You're also looking at around £25-30k per weekend to go racing in a mid-range team assuming you don't stack the car......

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondering Soul, PanamaS3, Bittern and 2 others
I've been round Donnington as a passenger in what was Geoff Smiths Civic (Eurotech and Deppers last season, or Pepper pig as I affectionately call him) sitting 2" (I kid you not) off the bumper of many a track day car. Outright speed wasn't so crazy but the braking was something else! He didn't crash thankfully hahaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
I've been round Donnington as a passenger in what was Geoff Smiths Civic (Eurotech and Deppers last season, or Pepper pig as I affectionately call him) sitting 2" (I kid you not) off the bumper of many a track day car. Outright speed wasn't so crazy but the breaking was something else! He didn't crash thankfully hahaha.

That's brilliant

I was at a trackday a few years ago where AMDs old Golf was also running at the same time.
Some of our cars were certainly quicker down the straights but the way that could carry speed into the corners was just on another level.
And it wasn't even one of the really quick BTCC cars.

Reactions: Bittern and Baldyone
A gift from what was Mike Jordan's Eurotech to about 30 of us as sponsors. I missed out on Jordan's car because it had a prob with the exhaust, so he took me out in a lotus instead. So flippin violent he broke my visor. Two lads we're lucky enough to get involved in a mini race between Smith & Jordon. Andy won, but judging by the smiles on the guys faces when they got out neither gave a stuff, just a cracking experience.
Mike finished the day by writing a Porshe off and we've not had a track day since. Can't think why ;)

Reactions: S3Alex
Great article.

Shame the car isn't Sepang.........

I thought Hamilton was nailed on for that drive this year but I guess we'll see? Only Audi out there too with no more Rob Austin and Hunter Abbott in the Sherman & think it was known as Panza A4's
Hope it does well, as long as it's behind Our Focus

I don't think it even has an Audi engine as it uses the standard BTCC Swindon engine. The only thing Audi is the shell as suspension, electronics etc are all standard BTCC.

I thought Rob Austin etc were in the btcc this year , I take it they have pulled out altogether , Always liked them .

I thought Rob Austin etc were in the btcc this year , I take it they have pulled out altogether , Always liked them .
Rob Austin is driving but no longer with his own team. He's got a Toyota Avensis I think with Handy Motorsport. I don't think that's a step forward but he's a must have for the grid, even if it's middle of the pack. Big character and had a few wins and deffo crowd favourite
Not sure the Toyota will take the battering quite as well as his big Audi

Good Like Rob but he has had a few big OFFS lately so its not surprising he is driving for someone else . Pity he wasn't driving the AMD Audi think he would be good in it .

Reactions: S3Alex and Baldyone