AMDs NEW inkate owners - need advise

RedDejavu

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnytree.co.uk
Hi there, I had a chance to check my fuel trims of the new AMD intake over the weekend and LTFT have come up to around 18-19% and I have no idea why. Last intake I replaced under warranty was giving me around 10-11% and I returned it thinking its not within factory limits and badly designed. It could be something with my car I dont know however when factory intake is fitted trims are nice and tidy around 3-3.5% so it looks like my car doesnt like aftermarket intakes for some reason?

Therefore if someone could have checked thier bank 030 fuel trims and has this new AMD intake fitted I would really appreciate and it would help me massively to compare the figures. Thanks a lot!

Thats interesting, hope you get some answers. I nearly bought one of these after everyone was raving about them. :)

Yeah I'm booked in at AMD Essex this Sun to get some check ups done. Worst case I'll have one for sale soon and stick to the standard intake untill I decide to sell the car. Just bit fed up with all this MAF sensor position issues atm making me want to buy something else.

Just a quick update there is a recall on the new intakes and AMD sorting things out. MAF piping need replacing to be more specific as it causes cars running lean.

However last time I spoke to them for the third time trying to gather more info and guy on the phone was quite off with me. Dont know the guys name but when I wanted to get any sort of information he said as soon as we get the pipes in but he couldnt give me exact dates, advise what to do or procedures nor form of compensation. I understand someone can be busy or not in a mood to speak to someone who dont know English very well but come on as a customer I expect to be at least informed properly when things will take place especially when running lean condition is not what I want to carry on long term as I and my missus use the S3 a lot. All this left me feeling bit disappointed.

Hopefully however all will get sorted soon.:(

Just a quick update there is a recall on the new intakes and AMD sorting things out. MAF piping need replacing to be more specific as it causes cars running lean.

However last time I spoke to them for the third time trying to gather more info and guy on the phone was quite off with me. Dont know the guys name but when I wanted to get any sort of information he said as soon as we get the pipes in but he couldnt give me exact dates, advise what to do or procedures nor form of compensation. I understand someone can be busy or not in a mood to speak to someone who dont know English very well but come on as a customer I expect to be at least informed properly when things will take place especially when running lean condition is not what I want to carry on long term as I and my missus use the S3 a lot. All this left me feeling bit disappointed.

Hopefully however all will get sorted soon.:(

I'm not making excuses for any issues you have,but my advice as a long term customer would be to be patient,and let them sort it out,as all of my experiences have shown me that they make good on everything they promise.

As long as the car is running properly,it would be best to have them sort out the MAF issue and get it working as intended.

Yeah true that, so far all was good and they were very helpful providing great service until my last conversation with someone from their parts department who literally wanted to fob me off and personally I hate that kind of attitude. Not to mention that I had same issue previously with a VWR intake which already made me really stressed and tired.

Yeah true that, so far all was good and they were very helpful providing great service until my last conversation with someone from their parts department who literally wanted to fob me off and personally I hate that kind of attitude. Not to mention that I had same issue previously with a VWR intake which already made me really stressed and tired.

I can understand.....I had some hard conversations with a parts supplier a couple of years ago who was admittedly busy,but not terribly helpful at times.

It would seem from what you've experienced that getting the MAF just right is critical on these engines,and there is no easy way around it,if two highly regarded companies(ITG in the case of the VWR intake,and Airtec/AS with AMD) are having issues with the thing.

That actually holds me back to get onto stage 2+ too which is really annoying :laugh:.

As I said,I know how it feels.

I was sat with my engine in bits for nearly 3 months waiting for some promised parts to arrive.

Nothing at all to do with AMD,who had my car occupying their workshop,but a worldwide supply issue.

At lest you cheered me up today Alex hehe:]. Thanks man!:yahoo:

Cheers mate.....I do my best!

Here's a bit of nostalgia....

And my trusty steed for that period....

The current loaner is a Skoda Octavia!

Reactions: RedDejavu
Red, how does the car sound/feel with the AS-AmD intake on? I'm torn between this one and the VWR, went out in a friend's Stage 2+ Golf Edition 30 with a VWR intake on and it was very quiet, not sure if that's good or bad?!

VWR is indeed quite and I wouldnt really buy one again, fitting and rubbing against engine parts is something i couldnt live with nor could I with poor solution they applied to solve high fuel level trims, AMD sounds much louder but softer than forge twintake I noticed. Personally I do like it its not annoying and quality is very good for the money.

Reactions: batch
Red,

I do apoligies if that is how my collegue came across on the phone, I am sure he didn't mean to come across like that at all but I will have a chat with him.

It is myself that is dealing with this issue, I think you called last Friday/Saturday when I was off, as he did mention that you rang when I came back in on Monday. As it is me dealing with it, he won't have all the information.

As soon as we became aware of the issue, we got right on to sorting it straight away as you know. I did advise you on what we were doing, gave you an estimated time and said I would be intouch as soon as I had replacement here. We are actively sorting this.

Just to clarify, this is only a problem on the second batch, as another tool was made but unfortunately not made to the spec of the original. The new replacement tooling is very close to completion and as soon as it is finished and we have tested it, we will be in touch with the owners of the affected pipes to arrange an exchange. (The problem being that the partial throttle fuel trims can go slightly out of spec, which didn't happen on the originals)

Regards,

Ben

Last edited:
Reactions: RedDejavu, Ash B and S3Alex
Does this mean you've stopped selling them until the new batch arrive?

We were out of stock anyway, when we found out about this issue. We should have new stock within the next two weeks, they can be pre-ordered.

Last edited:
Reactions: batch