Alloy and tyre damaged while at audi

Danny97

Reaction score
As title says above,
Car was in for warranty, noticed this morning cut in side wall and damage to alloy,
More annoyed at the fact of driving on motorway on the way home with a cut in the sidewall of the tyre... anyone else had a similar experience and how did it go with repairs etc.
Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• 082296F6-9011-428B-8B86-95F7F02FD7D4.jpeg
    082296F6-9011-428B-8B86-95F7F02FD7D4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 155
Ouch! As you have left the garage I doubt a claim would be successful.

Whatever the car, I’d consider replacing the tyre (though photos can’t show everything compared to eyeballing it) as to whether it’s a flap & how deep or more of a cut.

Looks like the rim protector took the brunt of it and the wheel got away with a light scuff.
From the pic I don’t think that’s deep enough to have damaged the tyre but I’m looking at a picture. Best to go to a garage or MOT place and see what they say. If it’s an mot fail then get a new tyre.
As for dealers, they will argue till they are blue in the face not to pay out but worth calling especially if it’s a dealer you use all the time and have a relationship with. I had damaged wheels once with a dealer but it was clear it wasn’t me as mine had score marks/chunks in the bores where the bolts go and they ended up refurbing all 4. Told them to stop using air guns on wheels as that what happens