ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ....

The_Golfather

Reaction score
Not a great game but for Reds fans a huge result!

Thoughts?

Reactions: Raiden, Audi Bairn and Seanchadwick2k3
Made up, bag of nerves throughout, as we couldn't seem to string 2 passes together. :footy:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and The_Golfather
bcc8efb9e82410411d1844c5e0e756a2.jpg

Reactions: Raiden, DaveW and Audi Bairn
Agree with the above. Both teams were poor for whatever reason.
But who cares, it’s the result that matters and that’s what goes into the record books.
No more than this fantastic team, manager and fans deserve after an incredible season.
I have to say, I thought Poch was extremely sporting and professional afterwards. Many other managers would’ve chosen to home in on the penalty decision etc. Fair play to him, true gent.
Looking forward to seeing the parade at 4pm.

Reactions: The_Golfather and DaveW

I don't care how we did it, we are champions!!!!

Danke Jürgen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hard to get excited about two teams of foreigners winning a trophy that used to mean so much more than it does now. Watched the programme on itv the other night,when the European Cup was a straight knock out competition,played for by the Champions of their respective leagues only,and not the cash-cow that it’s now become! Should’ve renamed it,and withdrew the old trophy. Clough,Paisley,Stein,Busby and Barton must be spinning in their graves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to get excited about two teams of foreigners winning a trophy that used to mean so much more than it does now. Watched the programme on itv the other night,when the European Cup was a straight knock out competition,played for by the Champions of their respective leagues only,and not the cash-cow that it’s now become! Should’ve renamed it,and withdrew the old trophy. Clough,Paisley,Stein,Busby and Barton must be spinning in their graves

Alexander-Arnold came through the youth team and is a Liverpool local and fan.

Jordan Henderson is English and came up the ranks in AFC Sunderland

Adam Lallana and the Ox both ex Southampton

Brewster came through the Chelsea ranks and came to us for more first action which now he is fit he'll get next season.

James Milner who has been around forever

Andy Robertson started his career north of the border and is British. Cost 8 mil from Hull lol. Bargain!!!!!

We took a few youngsters with us for experience like Curtis Jones (one to watch)

Then spurs had: Winks, Dier, Tripper, Alli, Davies, and England and golden boot winner in the last world cup who is also England captain Harry Kane!!!! *** it was a very English/ British final if you ask me. And next season will have an all English super cup final

You must be a Man U fan

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DaveW
Far from a Man Ure fan mate. Hmm.....very English final.....have a look at the team sheets of Liverpool,Utd,Celtic,Forest and Villa teams back in the day who won what WAS the European Cup. Also managed by British managers,and then try and tell me with a straight face that last night was a very English final

I'm sure if whichever club you support had won the CL final, you wouldn't be complaining....

I'm sure if whichever club you support had won the CL final, you wouldn't be complaining....

No argument from me there,just saying for me,it was more of an achievement for British football when it was the old format competition,and won by British players and managers is all.

It's the "European" Champions League. The landscape of football has changed from yesteryear when there were very few foreign players. With the money involved the stakes are high so assembling the best from around the world at the right price is what counts.

That said, you've got to admire what LFC and Spurs are doing and will continue to do - invest in youth and bring in English talent. That's why the England team is flourishing.

Milner
Sturridge
TAA
Robertson (ok, Scottish but so what)
Brewster
Henderson
Lallana
Oxlade
C Jones

The Brits are well represented....

Reactions: DaveW
It's the "European" Champions League. The landscape of football has changed from yesteryear when there were very few foreign players. With the money involved the stakes are high so assembling the best from around the world at the right price is what counts.

That said, you've got to admire what LFC and Spurs are doing and will continue to do - invest in youth and bring in English talent. That's why the England team is flourishing.

Milner
Sturridge
TAA
Robertson (ok, Scottish but so what)
Brewster
Henderson
Lallana
Oxlade
C Jones

The Brits are well represented....

Exactly my point.....UEFA Champions League,despite the fact that neither team that were in the final actually were.....there’s the rub! And before we get all carried away with the renaissance of English football.....if I’m not mistaken,given the players on both teams that actually started started/finished the game,combined,could we have fielded a “British 11” ? I think not.....not even perhaps if we added the Arsenal & Chelsea teams who players actually took part in their final. I’m sorry,I’m not trying to wind anyone up,but as I said,hard to get exited/proud of a match contested by also-rans,full of foreigners. Just my 2p’s worth

Let's be honest, non-Lverpool/Spurs fans wouldn't get excited even the entire starting 22 were born and bread englishmen.

"a match contested by also-rans, full of foreigners..." - no complaints from me #SixTimes

:yahoo:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, DaveW and Paul McGrath’s Knees
Let's be honest, non-Lverpool/Spurs fans wouldn't get excited even the entire starting 22 were born and bread englishmen.

"a match contested by also-rans, full of foreigners..." - no complaints from me #SixTimes

:yahoo:

Lmao you’ve got me there my friend.....guilty as charged

Reactions: The_Golfather