Airlift v2 controller.

Martintl

Reaction score
where has eveyone mounted the controller on a 8P? i thinking about replacing the ash try with a mount for the controller but just looking for opinions if anyone has got any photos

I'm going to be putting mine in my arm rest or under the light control button

yeah i was thinking under light control button too

Need it out of the way, I had air in my old Leon and girlfriend sat on the controller when it was lying on the seat as I'd no mount for it.

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
Mine is currently sat on top of my ash tray, looking at possibly getting an ash tray delete and mounting it in there but undecided yet..

Was it hard to fit the kit? how long did it roughly take? also there is mention of removing the sway bar, did this have to be done?
Thanks

@Cj_sat69 i havent finished mine yet, currently doing a full boot build. Depends what engine you have, i have a 2.0 tdi 140 and you have to remove the sway bar and get a chassis notch. Chassis notch isnt needed but helps for better lows

Yeah pics would be lovely, I've got a s3 8l and the 8p s3. Looking to get it for the 8p. How much did you pay for it ? and also where from?
sorry loads of questions i know lol

I bought mine in bit and bobs over the space of a few months used and cost me £1100 in total

£1100 is a nice price to pay for air, ive seen the kit on car audio security and other places and its about £2300, I dont think id do the chassis notch to be honest either. Where did you source most of the bits?

£1100 is a nice price to pay for air, ive seen the kit on car audio security and other places and its about £2300, I dont think id do the chassis notch to be honest either. Where did you source most of the bits?
Would also like to know this.

I spoke to car audio security over the phone, they were very helpful with lots of information on the kits they sell, They do the slam kit with the new updated management system which lets you control it on a app of your phone. The whole thing is £2,459.99.
Looking at it that seems like alot of money but they do 0% intrest on it which is good, plus it i know that all the bits are new and they come with warrenty.
Might just go down this route and get it on finance.

All mine was used condition off ebay but seen working. Brand new front and rear bags for £450 posted and 3/8 v2 management with 5 gallon d2 stubby tank, loads of piping and 400cc compressor for £650. I was looking at finance and its worth it tbh but low budget means i couldnt

Thats not bad to be fair, atleast you bought new bags tho, ive never been able to find used air ride on ebay, been looking for months!

Thats not bad to be fair, atleast you bought new bags tho, ive never been able to find used air ride on ebay, been looking for months!
And the ones that do come up are a fortune!!

Yeah exactly, think im just goingto have to bite the bullet and do it, its like £120 a month for a year and a half.

Yeah exactly, think im just goingto have to bite the bullet and do it, its like £120 a month for a year and a half.
Thats not bad tbh! Thats for slam kit aswell? Do it do it do it

349112cac3633079f38982e8e78ec2c4.jpg
dcf1d71a0ddf47a4f5786a8afd310375.jpg
bfe2348a5df06083da555d927cb23d7a.jpg

There was a gap between the manifold box and the fake floor but ive sorted it now

You've twisted my arm, going to get it in May after my engagement, Weddings are ****** expensive! Looks good man, does it weight the car down much?

Just a quick update for you boys interested in where i was mounting the controller. I bought a ash tray delete, basically a big floppy piece of rubber from audi for £13 part number 8P0 863 301 A 4PK. Cut abit of mdf and fitted it, looks well i reckon..
3dcf1f1ae9cac1936a7c78b55640cf30.jpg
8c8e96b88291684276265ed0e9329a5d.jpg

That looks propa, fingers crossed I'm picking up my kit 2moro! Cant wait

Reactions: Dannymoto
Yeah i think I'm at a stage in my life where i need air lol

Are u fitting everything yourself? How are u running the airlines? Also what are those 2 fitting between the tank and manifold. I bought a full second kit thats been sitting in my shed for 4 months now far too cold to be messing around with it.I might try to mount everything and do the wiring and leave the bags for the garage. All my boot space will be gone, I already have 3 amps and sub in there. Martintl and CJ_sat69 plenty of pic please

Yeah im gona have a go at it, cant be that hard, plus ive got a few mates for support if I get stuck. Plan is to mount the tank N compressor and run the wires and lines first. Ill try to remember to take picures

Yeah i think I'm at a stage in my life where i need air lol
Gotta be done hasnt it haha, let me know if youve got any questiona on fitting it ive done enough research to know haha

Are u fitting everything yourself? How are u running the airlines? Also what are those 2 fitting between the tank and manifold. I bought a full second kit thats been sitting in my shed for 4 months now far too cold to be messing around with it.I might try to mount everything and do the wiring and leave the bags for the garage. All my boot space will be gone, I already have 3 amps and sub in there. Martintl and CJ_sat69 plenty of pic please
Yep, all of it was done myself and ill be running the airlines through a factory grommet in the spare wheel well and along the sills as thats where i can tuck them away the best. Those fittings are bulkhead connectors, im using copper pipes instead of nylon and looks abit neater. Its really simple, its just getting your head round it to begin with

Ill pull my fake floor up later and show you how ive fitted everything, still need to sound proof it yet but everythings pretty much ready. Went abit made with some more suede trim last night and ended up doing my arm rest aswell
15d601edfc2b70f8030cdaab0601b0e9.jpg
80e83216c19bf879de2687a43d0771dd.jpg

Armrest looks nice man, have you run your air lines yet? i was wondering could you possibly run them under the car instead of running them through it.

Armrest looks nice man, have you run your air lines yet? i was wondering could you possibly run them under the car instead of running them through it.
I havent yet no but you can run them underneath, aslong as they arny near heat or rotating objects such as driveshaft then youll be fine. The nylon lines are quite solid

Yeah i mean not like anything is gonna hit them while driving, plus its quicker and easier the way i see it.