Air con stuck in econ mode

allankennedy

Reaction score
My air con has been switching to econ mode intermittently for some time now but now its stuck completely and the pump wont engage at all. I went to moto save for a free gas check and the pressures are ok at 4 bar and 5 bar . The guy said he didn't think a re gas was the answer so the next suspect is the G65 pressure sensor but I can't find it. The car is a 2005 Allroad 2.5tdi with the BAU 132kw engine. Can any one point to the whereabouts of the pressure sensor and any other advice would be welcome - thanks in advance
Audi

Did you find the sensor? I also have this issue. Checked for fault code and suspect its the sensor.

My air con has been switching to econ mode intermittently for some time now but now its stuck completely and the pump wont engage at all. I went to moto save for a free gas check and the pressures are ok at 4 bar and 5 bar . The guy said he didn't think a re gas was the answer so the next suspect is the G65 pressure sensor but I can't find it. The car is a 2005 Allroad 2.5tdi with the BAU 132kw engine. Can any one point to the whereabouts of the pressure sensor and any other advice would be welcome - thanks in advanceView attachment 171438
See attached image. You do not lose gas when you disassemble the sensor
Audi gif

Thanks for your help Amiram, any tips on best way to access? I am thinking underneath/wheel off, liner out situation? or can you get at it taking the air box out?

Thanks again!

The correct way is to remove the front bumper

Thanks Amiram, very helpful!! I need to take it off anyway as head light washers are don't pop up properly.