Aftermarket Headunit with FULL BOSE HELP!

AmanDosangh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 51 plate s3 with full Bose and I am trying to fit an after market head unit (pioneer deh-x8700dab)
I have a PC9-408 adaptor and have tried to get the head unit to work with no luck! The head unit has power going to it but first had trouble with the ignition live. But to test if the unit worked I connected permanent live to the ignition live (red to yellow) and all worked fine until i turned the car on, then the head unit stayed on but there was no sound. Am i missing something here!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I also know there may be a thread on this already but I am kind of useless on here and can't find any!

Thanks

Aman

Sounds like you haven't connected the amp remote lead up to power the Bose amp there should be a blue wire going to the auto leads adaptor that needs to connect to the back of the head unit that should be a blue wire also.

With regard to the head unit power you may need to swop the yellow and red wires around to get it switching on and off with the ignition.

Hope that helps

Thank you for the reply! Thing is the speakers play when the car is off... but as soon as i turn the car on the head unit comes back on but the speakers don't. would connecting that wire solve that issue?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean that the speakers play when the car is off surely the head unit needs to be on for them to Play anything.
The Bose amp does need the blue wire connected to power up then it should all work.

I pressed the permanent live and ignition live together so that the head unit would work while the car was off and everything worked fine. But as soon as i started the engine the speakers wouldn't work, seems as though the amp turned off somehow.

Ez Aman! So it works with ignition on? I'm sure it's the PC9-410 for Bose? But check all the connections again, or try a different headunit?

Sounds like you haven't connected the amp remote lead up to power the Bose amp there should be a blue wire going to the auto leads adaptor that needs to connect to the back of the head unit that should be a blue wire also.

With regard to the head unit power you may need to swop the yellow and red wires around to get it switching on and off with the ignition.

Hope that helps

On my adapter im not sure on the model. I have a blue/ white cable would that need to be connected to the amp remote power up lead (blue) ?