Advice

I had a complete unit somewhere, i'll see if its still in the shed.

This is the induction, does it look right?

Mate, chuck it in the bin and go back to standard, or fit it properly which means sealing it from the heat under the bonnet by having a dedicated airbox for it. You don't see the standard filter sticking out in the engine bay and there's a reason (or a few reasons) for that. The main one is the heat generated by the engine - warm, dirty air into the engine is nowhere near as good as cold, clean air.

Personally, I'd go back to standard and use either a good aftermarket standard fitting filter (K&N, etc.,) or an OEM filter (I tend to find that filters from Euro or Firstline etc., are total crap) and then start to look at the mapping. You need a good base line to start from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the car and this is how it came, in trying to locate an air box lid so I can put it back to standard

I'm still looking chap, have a feeling I binned it a while back as the box it was in is empty, will know for sure by the later this evening though.

rob

He accepted £15 so I’ve just bought that
Will get a performance air filter or something from euro car parts

Thanks

Reactions: Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
I suspected he would, make sure you have all rest of the bits , I think you have but double check.

Thanks, i was hoping you'd say that, i look at the dials and the acceleration does seem right, its definitely not slow.
Ive had a 2.0T A3 Fwd before though and that seemed to have more pull, but thats a different engine also.

Not sure how id check the divertor valve
the car also has a RAM air induction and no back boxes on the exhaust (sounds good)

anyone near Sheffield, I could drive over and take you for a spin see what you think

Im near Sheffield if that helps?

Ah ok yeah that’s not far. I live at Dronfield. Might pop up this weekend then if thats alright

Completely off topic here mate but I’m thinking about possibly putting a very light tint over the front and rear lights and as your car is the same colour can you upload a couple of pics of the lights so I can see what it looks like :) your profile pic is blurry so can’t get a good look.

Here’s a pic but I’ve taken mine off now.

Also car has stopped firing on choke, wonder why that could be?

Attachments

• 86767CB8-1BA0-46A3-9517-605E668FB97A.jpeg
    86767CB8-1BA0-46A3-9517-605E668FB97A.jpeg
    813.1 KB · Views: 146
Another pic

Attachments

• 74E67D3E-0291-4E85-92DA-29AAE004AE56.jpeg
    74E67D3E-0291-4E85-92DA-29AAE004AE56.jpeg
    825.5 KB · Views: 141