1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Advice with pan roof

charlietdi95 Jul 8, 2020

1. charlietdi95

charlietdi95 Registered User

Hi guys recently bought a damaged a3 which I am repairing, but the car has a pan roof, which isn’t working correctly. 2 bits of plastic have broken off as I’ve recovered them.

what I would like to know is there anyway of taking the actual glass off the car or is it full mechanism out ?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Registered User

I’ve had my pano roofs regreased a few times due to creaking etc, it’s annoying and extra weight but a pano roof is a must for me.

However I understand from the chief tech at my local Audi dealer that they have to remove some of the headlining to then remove the whole pano roof. It’s quite a big job, apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Liam Morris

Liam Morris Registered User

Hi Charlie, It is possible to remove just the glass on its own, I can try and send you a PDF with all Audi repair methods for the Exterior which include The sunroof Frame, glass and adjusting the glass, I would just attach it here but the files too big so would need to send via Email or something else :) Also there looks to be a basic setting required just to tell the system the Max and Min points but if the glass is fitted back on old marks this should be ok. (Inserted a brief picture but whole procedure is spread over too many pages to send :) )

Attached Files:

5. Liam Morris

Liam Morris Registered User

Think I've sussed it, Hope it helps:) From roughly 3/4 down the first page onwards :)

Attached Files:

6. charlietdi95

charlietdi95 Registered User

Cheers mate been pulling my hair out with it for days.

thanks for advice lads