Facelift Advice on next car

Well.....??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Thundercliffe81
Both front shocks on mine were replaced by the previous owner at about 10k miles. He reckons they knocked quite badly.
They have been fine since and now on 31k miles.
You will get a full years warranty so that will help with peace of mind.
I took the extended warranty last year and it was £1350 for all component cover, up to 15k miles with a £250 excess. Did not use it and this year I have just renewed it with exactly the same cover and it was £710, figure that one out. (Not that I am complaining)
On the mileage it's on all the oils should have been done at about 38k miles. That is quite a big service at about £1000-£1200. I think it should have the sunroof service too.
Did you check on the link I quoted a while back over on RS246? I think you found it anyway.
It has a very good specification there is not much missing.

Only just seen this. My bad.

Yeah approved used does take the edge off. But @Robbe experience lingers in the back of my mind.

That's mad about the extended warranty. Not a true reflection of cost/parts then. Just 'likelihood' of claiming eh? I'll remember this in a years time.

I'm picking the big lad up This weekend! And yes, it still doesn't feel real at all. I'm not even that excited 'because' it doesn't feel real. It's an odd feeling. Going to take a while to settle in. Hopefully the test drive won't bring up any niggles etc. Then, me and mate can realise our dream and drive our NA V8s back home...with a pretty big detour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, no_idea, NevMan and 1 other person
Just read through @Robbe 's thread on RS4, what a nightmare. Can see why you have been so particular about discs, brakes, gearbox oil etc.
And will pay to sit down as you say for an hour to peruse the paperwork in detail. Ironic that you are also getting yours from Newcastle Audi, same as the other poster on that thread that is more than happy with his RS. I have a feeling I will be going down this path in a year :icon thumright:

Look forward to your updates and hopefully all goes well at the weekend.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just read through @Robbe 's thread on RS4, what a nightmare. Can see why you have been so particular about discs, brakes, gearbox oil etc.
And will pay to sit down as you say for an hour to peruse the paperwork in detail. Ironic that you are also getting yours from Newcastle Audi, same as the other poster on that thread that is more than happy with his RS. I have a feeling I will be going down this path in a year :icon thumright:

Haha.

Is the ASN membership just buying up the used RS4 market? I'll keep y'all posted. Glad my mate is coming as he's the artistic one in the outfit. He'll get some good photos. Need to book into detailers to get it restored a bit. Colour/depth wise and also have it ceramic coated. £350 for Stage 1 polish, bodywork, glass and wheels coated with Gyeon. Pretty decent that actually. For the work involved.

LOL, you may very well be right there. That is good value for Stage 1 polish etc!

Only just seen this. My bad.

Yeah approved used does take the edge off. But @Robbe experience lingers in the back of my mind.

That's mad about the extended warranty. Not a true reflection of cost/parts then. Just 'likelihood' of claiming eh? I'll remember this in a years time.

I'm picking the big lad up This weekend! And yes, it still doesn't feel real at all. I'm not even that excited 'because' it doesn't feel real. It's an odd feeling. Going to take a while to settle in. Hopefully the test drive won't bring up any niggles etc. Then, me and mate can realise our dream and drive our NA V8s back home...with a pretty big detour

I thought you had changed your mind, you had gone so quiet!
You will get a feel for it when you see it, use the force.
Does that mean you will be in VV8 convoy or just a V16.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Haha.

Is the ASN membership just buying up the used RS4 market? I'll keep y'all posted. Glad my mate is coming as he's the artistic one in the outfit. He'll get some good photos. Need to book into detailers to get it restored a bit. Colour/depth wise and also have it ceramic coated. £350 for Stage 1 polish, bodywork, glass and wheels coated with Gyeon. Pretty decent that actually. For the work involved.

That is very good value.

Could be V24 if my fiancé's dad comes in his SLK 55 AMG haha. Anybody got Adaptive cruise? Never had it. Think that will feel weird on the motorway. Trust I guess.

V8 squared

Who was the Newcastle owner? RS4B8LYF?

Upload 2018 9 13 13 1 51

Right Mr @Thundercliffe81 ,,,, where is it :whip:

What. A day!

I love it. Absolutely love it. Just got no words. Been 'on it' all day like. The highest cafe in England is no more It's burned down. But they were out in force with burger van replacement haha. Still loads of bikers there. Great roads!

Getting the hang of dynamic. The steering is actually good when you're caning it. I've set up individual pretty well for a daily set up. Ride is a bit firm but was expected. Done the obligatory 'seat delete' and folded seats down. Sounds mint. But saving for the Miltek. Haha. Hard to hear mine when you're with a decat C63

But yeah, honestly, everyone's opinions, experience and time has been very much appreciated. I'm gonna turn this into an owners thread. Mainly because there's a lot of good folk on here. Might end up flitting between here and RS threads. Got me free cargo net and 3/4 of fuel Couldn't get the full tank. Anyway, it's all gone now anyway.

Photos inbound. Mate just sorting them out. I've been in LaLa land.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, cuke2u and 5 others
a5f3faade2c9c629ed714a378915c9d4.jpg
c6c0f4e8d758e4be0ea8989d6664aa77.jpg
b2bf8e68083790e82fdb7c923daf04fb.jpg
2bbe13f8b9034f06679c3b72a2a91db0.jpg
6387372918315b74135d7182d3fc3910.jpg
eb9325153b61450276a854fa6c614ef4.jpg
12b40640f64c4cc4e5c726f2bc89faaf.jpg
e3651994547d759b2702d3865cfc7c85.jpg
438a6f2ef80a52af3589e252339625f6.jpg

Reactions: boydyski, Jcbmally, Paul Golding and 9 others
Congrats mate and very nice cars especially the RS (some might say I am biased)

In the C63 on way to collect, we raced a 488. And he struggled to get away. Absolute monster that C63 w/ PP. Cheers buddy. Keeping this one a long time me thinks.

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Robbe
Well done mate, glad you enjoyed emptying the fuel tank!
Driving tomorrow or cleaning

Well done mate, glad you enjoyed emptying the fuel tank!
Driving tomorrow or cleaning

Driving bud. But something a bit more chilled. Them watch F1. Booking in for detailing too. Couple of weeks time. Gonna get the wheels refinished next year. But for now just going to enjoy the car and save for the Miltek haha.

Reactions: Robbe
a5f3faade2c9c629ed714a378915c9d4.jpg
c6c0f4e8d758e4be0ea8989d6664aa77.jpg
b2bf8e68083790e82fdb7c923daf04fb.jpg
2bbe13f8b9034f06679c3b72a2a91db0.jpg
6387372918315b74135d7182d3fc3910.jpg
eb9325153b61450276a854fa6c614ef4.jpg
12b40640f64c4cc4e5c726f2bc89faaf.jpg
e3651994547d759b2702d3865cfc7c85.jpg
438a6f2ef80a52af3589e252339625f6.jpg

Wow mate, pics are amazing, Jose wheels really fill the bulging arches. As you would have gathered over the last few weeks, A LOT of lovers of the RS’s. So glad you got what you wanted and all went well today. Assume all paperwork checked out.

Brilliant to have a blast with a mate in another ok’ish car...lol, c63 is another fave of mine. Look forward to getting news on your owners journey, I reckon you will keep this one awhile.

Have the wheels been refurbished before?
Do they need it?
It does look like a beautiful car and once detailed the Sepang will look the business.
The history obviously checked out ok, did you get the invoices to back up the online record?
What time have you set the alarm for

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Wow mate, pics are amazing, Jose wheels really fill the bulging arches. As you would have gathered over the last few weeks, A LOT of lovers of the RS’s. So glad you got what you wanted and all went well today. Assume all paperwork checked out.

Brilliant to have a blast with a mate in another ok’ish car...lol, c63 is another fave of mine. Look forward to getting news on your owners journey, I reckon you will keep this one awhile.

Thanks mate. Today went really well. Was really surprised the bank or Visa didn't phone to authorise the payment. Felt like Monopoly money

DRC shocks and PanRam roof sorted at 32k miles so All oils changed, new tyres all round. New front brakes. Very decent. Going to look after this. Yeah, those arches are just timeless. It's my fav RS4 by far. Downshifts are very very expensive as is vacationing at 8250rpm for the day!

Reactions: NevMan and Spaceman_RS3
Do they need it?
It does look like a beautiful car and once detailed the Sepang will look the business.
The history obviously checked out ok, did you get the invoices to back up the online record?

Yeah, invoices and warranty appear to be all present. Nice little binder too. Organised previous owner. Alarm? I can't sleep! Haha. Slept about 4hrs past 2 days.

Reactions: NevMan and Spaceman_RS3
Do they need it?

Hey @no_idea were you driving through Dereham yesterday?

@Thundercliffe81 car looks lovely mate, enjoy it and hope it’s a keeper and one to cherish.

Yes, what were you driving?

Ah was just driving the wife’s A Class mate, followed you through the high street.

Car looked gorgeous mate, so much presence with those arches!

Seen you a couple of times I think, I’ll flash you next time I’m in the S4 :icon thumright:

Ah was just driving the wife’s A Class mate, followed you through the high street.

Seen you a couple of times I think, I’ll flash you next time I’m in the S4 :icon thumright:

It sound good?

It sound good?

Not a patch on the wife’s diesel mate...lol

To be honest I couldn’t hear it but music on and the wife chatting but it certainly turned a few admiring glances I noticed.

I will look out for you, what colour is the S4?

Edit: just found your thread and I remember now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81, NevMan and Riko0073
What. A day!

I love it. Absolutely love it. Just got no words. Been 'on it' all day like. The highest cafe in England is no more It's burned down. But they were out in force with burger van replacement haha. Still loads of bikers there. Great roads!

Getting the hang of dynamic. The steering is actually good when you're caning it. I've set up individual pretty well for a daily set up. Ride is a bit firm but was expected. Done the obligatory 'seat delete' and folded seats down. Sounds mint. But saving for the Miltek. Haha. Hard to hear mine when you're with a decat C63

But yeah, honestly, everyone's opinions, experience and time has been very much appreciated. I'm gonna turn this into an owners thread. Mainly because there's a lot of good folk on here. Might end up flitting between here and RS threads. Got me free cargo net and 3/4 of fuel Couldn't get the full tank. Anyway, it's all gone now anyway.

Photos inbound. Mate just sorting them out. I've been in LaLa land.

Absolutely awesome car mate, hartside is a big miss but the road is still ace. Look forward to your views of long term ownership :thumbs up: