ADS - cars without

TheFiftheElement

Reaction score
Jeeso, these next 15 weeks will drag before my S4 gets here, so apologies for starting another topic ...

Anyway, the S5 I had a test drive of for a few days did not have ADS, damper control, sports differential etc :confused:so I guess a standard car

However the S4 I have ordered will :D

I'm wondering about the throttle response, noise etc. so the question is, what modes would the standard S5 compare to against a car with ADS. If you give it full throttle would the S5 be in dynamic mode for engine/gearbox/exhaust ? (I know it doesn't actually have a dynamic mode!)

I'm wondering if my S4 will be sharper, sound louder as it has ADS where the S5 did not?

I'm kind of guessing I could consider the S5 as being in auto, so would have flipped between the ADS modes dependent on the driving style I had at the time :think:

So in auto ADS seems to favour economy until you hoof it. So the throttle response is dulled. Switch it to Dynamic and it sharpens right up for mucho grins. :)

In comfort mode limo quiet and fairly relaxed, in dynamic mode more sports like if you use the paddles to change down nice raucous throttle blip. Really is like having 2 cars! The only thing that I can say about the wait is that it isworth it :)

I too believe that none ADS cars default to AUTO which favours softer rides etc but will hold the gears longer etc if you boot it.

Full fat dynamic in ADS is a totally different animal. Throttle response is instant....as in, touch the throttle slightly and you better have a clear road ahead. As mentioned it changes down gear sooner so you get blips and holds the gears longer when you are accelerating. Not sure about the rest, I've got dynamic steering and damper control so once I'm in dynamic everything tightens up.......

.....and you get more false noise........

I don't use full dynamic mode all that often, usually set it to individual with everything set to dynamic appart from the engine which I leave in auto. That way if I need full dynamic all I have to do is pull back the gear leaver to 'S' or knock it over to Manual and use the paddles.

Whenever I use the paddles though I always scare the sh1t out of myself booting it out of bends...you forget what it's like when you don't use it that often.

I think the above eludes to how you have dynamic throttle and gearbox response in a non ADS car....tap the gear lever into S..

Cool. I'm up to speed with the different modes as I have ADS in my S3. So I think I've phrased my question wrong.

If we assume the S5 I had was set to auto, am I right to assume when I was pottering around town it was probably using comfort settings for gearbox/engine?

Then when on a hoon, it was behaving like dynamic?

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is that will my S4 be more aggressive when I set it to dynamic in the ADS, than the non ADS S5 was even when I was giving it the beans?

I'm sort of hoping my S4 in dynamic mode will be even sharper, louder, reponsive than the non ADS S5 ..

My experience is Dynamic is more responsive than Auto + giving it the beans. :)

Agree with Scotty, if we assume that non ADS is Auto, the engine/gearbox behaviour in Auto (giving it the main beans) is not as mental as doing the same in dynamic.