Adaptive Cruise Control - Is It Possible?

For UK owners, to make it a bit easier you can connect to the Ireland myAudi and then you will see the available FODs available for your car in English which makes life a little easier.

I called the Audi support line and they were not able to confirm when the UK website will have the FODs available but advised no issue connecting to another Country and purchasing them.

Reactions: Rick_RS4, Ludus and Brian Leslie
For UK owners, to make it a bit easier you can connect to the Ireland myAudi and then you will see the available FODs available for your car in English which makes life a little easier.

I called the Audi support line and they were not able to confirm when the UK website will have the FODs available but advised no issue connecting to another Country and purchasing them.
Sorry to sound dumb but how would you connect to Ireland MyAudi? I only picked my car up yesterday and I’ve never had an Audi so I’m still learning and figuring things out.

You create an account and link to your car which the dealer should have helped you with.
You will need to download the app (myAudi) to a personal mobile phone as part of the linking to your car.
Linking the car is easier using a mobile phone.

Once you have an account and it is linked to your car on a personal computer using a web browser connect to https://my.audi.com.

You will be presented with the location page and if you are in the UK it will default to the UK.
Using the drop down to the right of the UK select Ireland and then select the myAudi option
Then select the Let’s go option, you will then have to enter your username and password, then you should be in.

Change from Overview to Features
Scroll down to Functions on Demand, select To Shop

You will then see options available for your car and the costs

You create an account and link to your car which the dealer should have helped you with.
You will need to download the app (myAudi) to a personal mobile phone as part of the linking to your car.
Linking the car is easier using a mobile phone.

Once you have an account and it is linked to your car on a personal computer using a web browser connect to https://my.audi.com.

You will be presented with the location page and if you are in the UK it will default to the UK.
Using the drop down to the right of the UK select Ireland and then select the myAudi option
Then select the Let’s go option, you will then have to enter your username and password, then you should be in.

Change from Overview to Features
Scroll down to Functions on Demand, select To Shop

You will then see options available for your car and the costs
Is there anyway of changing the location after set up as I managed to do all that earlier on.

If I am understanding the question correctly, you use the same username and password you created when you registered and linked the car, enter it after you open the web browser and change the location to Ireland.

You will be able to logon to any country using the same myAudi username/password.

If you are closing web browser and each time you open it is defaulting to UK try to clear cookies and cache

Hope this helps
57e0a4c02e4f9014d6c0b3fb327389af.jpg

Last edited:
Well that’s odd. I go to the Ireland site and there’s no FoD available. But there is on the German one.

I had a wee look on the Irish one and after my free trials on the highbeam assist etc the cost is more.
My next option is €3 on German site but €3.44 on the Irish one.

:sign imnew:
I've been looking for a way to do this for the last couple weeks! thanks for the tip @thomaslewis
Following the instructions, I changed the region to Germany.. logged out and back in a couple times then switched to Chrome. After around 10mins I could finally see a selection of function on demand features.
Purchased all 3 on a 1 month trial - I'm yet to get in the car and try it out!!

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I've been looking for a way to do this for the last couple weeks! thanks for the tip @thomaslewis
Following the instructions, I changed the region to Germany.. logged out and back in a couple times then switched to Chrome. After around 10mins I could finally see a selection of function on demand features.

View attachment 249966
@AudiTech no problem! The adaptive cruise is well worth the money in my opinion, especially on motorways in traffic jams, pretty much does the driving all I do is steer.

Not totally sold on the Traffic Sign Recognition yet though…

View attachment 249966
High beam assist is excellent but the traffic sign recognition for me is not worth the money.
I don't have the option of the adaptive cruise on my car but I hope its better than the Golf mk8 version as that is rubbish.

I finally got Traffic Sign Recognition I had this on my previous Audi and actually missed it, but for whatever reason despite Adaptive Cruise Assist being enabled my car still is moaning about licensing, I have a support ticket open with Audi Digital services so I am awaiting next steps on how to resolve it.

I don't know if there is a way to force it to download the license again, my trial ends on 17.03.22.

Hi, I’m new to the forum, also new to owning an Audi A4. Pick it up tomorrow. Can you guys tell me if the car can have matrix purchased on FoD? Mine is the SE version. I purchased it with out having to order from factory (a akreadt in stock car i suppose) it would have been manufactured this year or very late 2021 i guess.
also the acc…is that also hard ware fitted on all new cars?
Thanks

Hi, I’m new to the forum, also new to owning an Audi A4. Pick it up tomorrow. Can you guys tell me if the car can have matrix purchased on FoD? Mine is the SE version. I purchased it with out having to order from factory (a akreadt in stock car i suppose) it would have been manufactured this year or very late 2021 i guess.
Thanks
I do know that on the A3’s the ACC was available as a function on demand due to the presence of the radar, to work in conjunction with the MHEV system, to aid recuperation and predictive economy.

ACC was not available on the manual versions of the same model, as it does not possess the MHEV system, there is no requirement for the radar.

You can check if you will have it as a function on demand, as your car will have the “distance” adjuster on your cruise control stalk.

For the matrix headlights I believe this was only available as a function on demand for the E-Tron, but I cannot be certain.

For the A3’s I know that the only FoD available to those who do not have Matrix LEDs is the High Beam Assist function, which is nevertheless helpful albeit not as useful as the Matrix alternative.

Reactions: Dc99dc
Thanks, ill fine out today y suppose, i did ask the dealer about it but they didn’t seem to know much…(I’m in Ireland). Oh well. Looking forward my first Audi today

Thanks, ill fine out today y suppose, i did ask the dealer about it but they didn’t seem to know much…(I’m in Ireland). Oh well. Looking forward my first Audi today
If you know the vin number of the car then logging into your my Audi account should show you what upgrades you can have in the Audi shop.
I'd doubt very much the matrix option will be one but you never know.

Reactions: Dc99dc
Thank, it has LED lights, but not matrix. I’m gonna try my Carista plug on the car anyway to see if i can activate small stuff. And see if the FoD has locked down the Carista access??

Thank, it has LED lights, but not matrix. I’m gonna try my Carista plug on the car anyway to see if i can activate small stuff. And see if the FoD has locked down the Carista access??
I'd imagine you'd have the option for high beam assist which I bought from the Audi german shop.
Obviously not matrix but it does make a huge difference in the dark mornings especially on country roads.

Reactions: thomaslewis
Thanks
Matrix headlights are are different headlight unit altogther, not just software.

Reactions: abmat
A little update on the FOD.
My trials are up in a week but now when I now log into to the German version it says there are now no functions on demand for my car just like the UK version.
My 2 orders from the shop for the 2 trials no longer show up either.
Will keep trying but maybe this by pass has been shut down or maybe its just the website having issues.
Maybe someone else who had items show up in the shop as available on FOD can check to see if they are having the same issues?

Last edited:
A little update on the FOD.
My trials are up in a week but now when I now log into to the German version it says there are now no functions on demand for my car just like the UK version.
My 2 orders from the shop for the 2 trials no longer show up either.
Will keep trying but maybe this by pass has been shut down or maybe its just the website having issues.
Maybe someone else who had items show up in the shop as available on FOD can check to see if they are having the same issues?
Mine are still showing up, could just be a temporary issue?

Must have been a temporary issue so ordered it while I was able to get logged in.
Went for the indefinite option which was £120.
Excellent news! I opted for the indefinite ACC a few days ago, since then it no longer shows up as a license online, so I don’t know whether it has actually permanently installed it, as if it were from factory.

Do you think Audi would be cheeky enough to charge each person that owns the same vehicle over time for the functions you had already paid for?

Excellent news! I opted for the indefinite ACC a few days ago, since then it no longer shows up as a license online, so I don’t know whether it has actually permanently installed it, as if it were from factory.

Do you think Audi would be cheeky enough to charge each person that owns the same vehicle over time for the functions you had already paid for?
Happy with the cost for the high beam assist (£120 for lifetime) but no way I was paying what they wanted for the traffic sign recognition, it was £288.

Not sure if they would charge but I've just logged back in and the only option left for me on the FOD's is the traffic light recognition (no sign of HBA) so looks like it could be permanent.

Last edited:
Not exactly cheap mate!
If you do a lot of motorway miles then maybe you could get your moneys worth but I certainly wouldn’t pay that.
I rarely do them to be honest unless I’m going away with my partner. I wouldn’t pay that either. I had it before on a VW and it was terrible.

I rarely do them to be honest unless I’m going away with my partner. I wouldn’t pay that either. I had it before on a VW and it was terrible.
My wife’s Golf 8 has the ACC and I’d have to say it’s way over sensitive and neither of us like it.
Frankly it’s pants

My wife’s Golf 8 has the ACC and I’d have to say it’s way over sensitive and neither of us like it.
Frankly it’s pants
What mark did she have? I had a 7.5 coupled to a DSG gearbox and I have to they it was absolutely a pleasure to use. You had to have the distance setting set to the shortest distance, which is counter intuitive, otherwise it was a pain but set correctly it was great. I do miss it. Standard cruise is rubbish compared to ACC

Reactions: AdamInKent
What mark did she have? I had a 7.5 coupled to a DSG gearbox and I have to they it was absolutely a pleasure to use. You had to have the distance setting set to the shortest distance, which is counter intuitive, otherwise it was a pain but set correctly it was great. I do miss it. Standard cruise is rubbish compared to ACC
She has the latest mk8 DSG, we've tried it in all settings distance wise and its crap.
Other than that shes had no issues with it which is more than can be said of many other owners. A bit like some of the software issues some A3 owners have encountered.
She also has a working UK VW webshop where it was easy to add high beam assist etc without going through the dramas we have had to for our Audi's.

On the subject of why functions like high beam assist on some cars need to be turned on manually every time the car starts it could be because of slightly different software/hardware in the newer cars.
My pal at work picked his new A3 S Line up yesterday and I noticed he has the switch on his cruise control (something earlier cars did not have) which should allow him to get ACC on FOD but also noted that his headlight stalk also had auto written on the top of it where the high beam and indicator markers are.
Assuming this would mean that high beam assist is on all the time while activated.
He does not have either of these functions specced from the factory.

Last edited:
Has anybody successfully downloaded any FOD recently? I have logged onto the German and Ireland shops via Chrome and neither are showing the high beam, cruise or signs options.

Has anybody successfully downloaded any FOD recently? I have logged onto the German and Ireland shops via Chrome and neither are showing the high beam, cruise or signs options.
The newer cars don’t seem to be able to! Frustrating!!

I've tried to renew my ACC today, it's downloaded on the app but not installed on the car. I had a message come up saying ACC not available on the MMI but I'm not sure if that was just a reminder as it has expired.

If they've locked down the EU/Ireland loophole I'll be disappointed, especially as all three have worked fine to date.

I've tried to renew my ACC today, it's downloaded on the app but not installed on the car. I had a message come up saying ACC not available on the MMI but I'm not sure if that was just a reminder as it has expired.

If they've locked down the EU/Ireland loophole I'll be disappointed, especially as all three have worked fine to date.

No, it still works.

It’s some sort of technical glitch on the MMI I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, just spotted that!
Thought I'd try an order for 6 months @ €80 but got baulked during the payment process as it asks for a billing address and UK isn't an option on the drop down list so I tried Germany which it accepted which was OK but the issue which stopped me completing the process was that it asked for a phone number and then a country from another drop down list. UK wasn't an option and if I chose e.g. Germany it gives +49 as default before where you enter your number and this can't be changed so at this point I chickened out. I suppose I could have invented a German number but I didn't want to take the risk of losing €80! If I ignored the telephone number field it came up with "Please enter either a landline or mobile number". The nearest I got was "Insel Man" which I presume is the Isle of Man which showed +44-1624 but I couldn't delete the 1624! Has anybody been through the process and if so how did you get past entering a UK number?
Incidentally there's a huge difference in the costs on the various sites - e.g. for 6 months in Germany it's €80, in Ireland €100, France €117 & Spain €144!!

Thought I'd try an order for 6 months @ €80 but got baulked during the payment process as it asks for a billing address and UK isn't an option on the drop down list so I tried Germany which it accepted which was OK but the issue which stopped me completing the process was that it asked for a phone number and then a country from another drop down list. UK wasn't an option and if I chose e.g. Germany it gives +49 as default before where you enter your number and this can't be changed so at this point I chickened out. I suppose I could have invented a German number but I didn't want to take the risk of losing €80! If I ignored the telephone number field it came up with "Please enter either a landline or mobile number". The nearest I got was "Insel Man" which I presume is the Isle of Man which showed +44-1624 but I couldn't delete the 1624! Has anybody been through the process and if so how did you get past entering a UK number?
Incidentally there's a huge difference in the costs on the various sites - e.g. for 6 months in Germany it's €80, in Ireland €100, France €117 & Spain €144!!

I just entered the German Uk consulate number lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSt3ve