About to Purchase my first S3 but theres a small catch...

AUDILOVE86

Reaction score
Hi everyone wanted to get expert opinion on possible options!

I'm about to buy an S3 2014 from Audi dealership

However it does not feature B&O sound system. I'm a big music lover and this was always a must have for me.

I wanted to ask, would it void my warranty if I upgraded after I bought the car? Do people do this?

Is it even worth doing or shall I look for another S3?

The whole car is perfect for me accept for this. Small non issue for some I know but I love good quality sound.

Is there any professional place in the UK that people recommend and trust to do Sound system upgrades in Audis?

Thanks everyone!

Dan

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you based? We have site sponsors that could retrofit sound system but until I know where you based I can’t guve you details of who be closest to you.

Both mine and the wifes last few cars have had B&O, but I didn't spec it on my S3 thinking I wouldn't miss it too much................
I was wrong - big regret!

Oh, and :sign welcome: too!!

These guys have a good rep

http://www.motormods.co.uk/audio.html

Would be a big issue for me, the standard Audi systems are really poor these days in the smaller models.

Ah man thank you for the link! Really in two minds here, the car is amazing accept for this as I said earlier just unsure if its a big enough problem not to buy it if I can upgrade later - any horror stories of people upgrading there sound system here?

Both mine and the wifes last few cars have had B&O, but I didn't spec it on my S3 thinking I wouldn't miss it too much................
I was wrong - big regret!

Oh, and :sign welcome: too!!
Thanks for the welcome and reply! Yeah I can imagine it to be horrible to be honest! Have you thought about after market upgrades?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I'm currently driving a 1999 ford focus. with no working radio or speakers. have had it two years! before that I had an A5 3.0TDI which had B&O and it was so nice which is why I know anything less would be a bit poo. But the car is an amazing deal and spec otherwise...Damnn

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you based? We have site sponsors that could retrofit sound system but until I know where you based I can’t guve you details of who be closest to you.
Sorry! missed your reply! I'm from Liverpool, Any information would be much appreciated! thank you

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Seanchadwick2k3
Thanks for the welcome and reply! Yeah I can imagine it to be horrible to be honest! Have you thought about after market upgrades?

Nah, I'm not adventurous enough regarding mods and I only keep the cars until they're 2 - 3 years old so couldn't justify it anyway.

Reactions: AUDILOVE86
Hi everyone wanted to get expert opinion on possible options!

I'm about to buy an S3 2014 from Audi dealership

However it does not feature B&O sound system. I'm a big music lover and this was always a must have for me.

I wanted to ask, would it void my warranty if I upgraded after I bought the car? Do people do this?

Is it even worth doing or shall I look for another S3?

The whole car is perfect for me accept for this. Small non issue for some I know but I love good quality sound.

Is there any professional place in the UK that people recommend and trust to do Sound system upgrades in Audis?

Thanks everyone!

Dan

Well your car is out of the standard 3 year warrenty service unless the car was purchased with the 5 year from audi.

If you car develops a fault and nothing is touch then yes you can get work done under warrenty. if you choose to go down the retrofit route and go aftermarket and there are electrical issues then Audi have more of a reason not to touch your car then if you had exhaust issues.

There are threads here discussed about after market options, I got my sound setup from CarAudiSecurity.

See if the dealership can get you the same car with B/O through the network for a similar deal. Or at least sweeten the deal to get you to buy.

thank you very much I can't get over how helpful you guys are!
We are very friendly and helpful. We like a big happy family really. Enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: TonkS3, Audi Bairn and AUDILOVE86
See if the dealership can get you the same car with B/O through the network for a similar deal. Or at least sweeten the deal to get you to buy.
They just offered me £850 deposit £350pm over 3 years, free delivery next week / they have no other cars in stock that match this spec - car comes with black edition / drive select / s tronic / 32k miles / has everything accept sun roof and B&O. Not sure what to do its a great offer though

We are very friendly and helpful. We like a big happy family really. Enjoy the forum :)
Thank you Sandra! I'm an Audi fanatic! so really excited to be a part of it all and hopefully get something I can be proud of. Thanks again for the help

Reactions: Sandra
Well it's whether it has the standard sound system or upgraded to the Audi Sound System but it's still not that easy - It has a different AMP/SUB I believe

A member on here has done it and has uploaded a comprehensive how to guide - He did an excellent job by all accounts but a lot of work and parts required

I have copied the link below: - Good Luck

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...en-retrofit-guide-for-the-8v-sportback.296630