1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SQ5 About to buy .... things to look out for?

David83S3 Aug 10, 2018

1. David83S3

David83S3 In my opinion ..... TeamMisano Audi S3 quattro

Hi Folks

Been a while since I have posted on here and my previous threads would have been over on the S3 8V forum!

Looking at buying an SQ5 Plus 16 plate - Panther Black, Pearl Effect and just wanted to know whether there was anything I need to be looking out for / checking?

Look forward to hearing from some of you

David

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mxnrg

mxnrg Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 SQ5 owners group MQB Platform

I have the Mk 2 Petrol SQ5, but plenty of threads on here from Mk 1 owners seem to mention the gearbox needing a service/oil change, but a 2016 car would be too new for than depending on milage of course. Otherwise not heard of much to be careful of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. David83S3

Thanks mxnrg ....... I have the SQ5 plus now and absolutely love it! Cracking bit of kit and ticks all the right boxes for me :) The MK2 is growing on me now ..... has to be the SQ5 though as the others look too boring .....

5. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

It's ok, I don't take it personally:blownose:

6. David83S3

Haha .... No really the MK2 SQ5 is actually really nice ..... its just the other MK2 Q5's

Although the lack of exhaust tips kinda doesn't work for me ....but they all seem to be going that way now :-(

q5man likes this.
  7. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

haha, I know what you mean though, would have LOVED SQ5. Mine is S-Line, but will probably change 19"s to 20/21 alloys, and maybe suspension pack. Agree on the lack of exhausts across the Q range, but from Audi's latest releases is the way it is going.

8. mxnrg

mxnrg Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 SQ5 owners group MQB Platform

Lack of visible tips is bothering me less and less after seeing the soot caked chrome tips on my neighbours 2012 E93 M3 convertible (wonderful naturally aspirated V8 sound!).

Still loving my stock 20's and air suspension, great cruiser in Comfort and angry growl and planted ride in Dynamic :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

q5man likes this.
  9. q5man

I know what you mean, and does make cleaning easier without any tips on show. Mrs has Mini JCW, so I am kept busy keeping those clean.
    That said, I do like a car with a nice set of pipes (exhaust) on show :tearsofjoy:

JCW_Pipes.jpg

mxnrg likes this.
  10. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Active Member

Pick my SQ 5 up tomorrow & not having to polish the exhaust tips is one thing i'm looking forward to. Pain on my RS 3 to keep clean.

mxnrg and q5man like this.
  11. q5man

Nice Look forward to the pics