A5 Lead Times?

July order! So why does it say the order date is 14/05/18???

Mine went through each stage pretty quick last year and I ordered it in August and received it the end of October!

No idea why it says May as my order date, I didn't even contact my dealer until June.

My dealer stated build weeks will be assigned in January for my A5 sportback order (3.0 TDI).

Not sure if this applies to this engine choice only or body type.

No idea why it says May as my order date, I didn't even contact my dealer until June.
I have the same thing, my order was placed on the 5th of October but on the tracker says that it is the 19th of May that I placed the order.

Wonder how this would pan out if you were on a pcp and it was coming to and end, yet your next car was nowhere in sight??? I certainly wouldn't be paying for the 36 month service to give it back!

What engine option did you go for? It may be certain engines that are delayed - my 2.0 petrol 190 was ordered at end sept and is currently in quality control

Wonder how this would pan out if you were on a pcp and it was coming to and end, yet your next car was nowhere in sight??? I certainly wouldn't be paying for the 36 month service to give it back!

Yeah, it's ridiculous, luckily my current finance isn't up until September 2019, I intend to get my Audi before then!

What engine option did you go for? It may be certain engines that are delayed - my 2.0 petrol 190 was ordered at end sept and is currently in quality control

I went for the same engine as you, FWD 2.0 TFSI 190PS, ordered in July.

I'm hoping that my order goes into build shortly, it's frustrating seeing cars being built that were ordered after mine; surely there's a queue with later orders going first?

Reactions: S32B
Yeah, it's ridiculous, luckily my current finance isn't up until September 2019, I intend to get my Audi before then!

I went for the same engine as you, FWD 2.0 TFSI 190PS, ordered in July.

I'm hoping that my order goes into build shortly, it's frustrating seeing cars being built that were ordered after mine; surely there's a queue with later orders going first?
Have you tried the link below - it gives you more info and may give some clues (xxx = order number)

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/xxxxxx

I see a lot you are out of the US but it all starts with the dealer. They have access to the Audi ordering system and can tell you almost exactly. There are build slots in the system for the dealer and they can put your order into one of those slots. There are also builds that they've already done that have specific dates allowing them to make a change. For example, I've had a deal says they have a car on order that is close to what I want and they change the equipment to what I want. If your dealer is just taking an order and not filling you in you've got the wrong dealer because they do know and not telling you is a big issue. The last thing is availability of particular options. You may put in an order and the dealer places it legitimately and the factory has a shortage of some option, that can push your order back but the dealer should know this and let you make a decision to wait or make a change. I've been to Ingolstadt and it's amazing to see rolls of steel at the beginning and cars for delivery at the end. The system works but it's really complicated. Bottom line is to get with your dealer. I have a '19 S5 that was just loaded on the ship last week and the dealer has very detailed info and keeps me updated.

Reactions: Torchbearer115
I see a lot you are out of the US but it all starts with the dealer. They have access to the Audi ordering system and can tell you almost exactly. There are build slots in the system for the dealer and they can put your order into one of those slots. There are also builds that they've already done that have specific dates allowing them to make a change. For example, I've had a deal says they have a car on order that is close to what I want and they change the equipment to what I want. If your dealer is just taking an order and not filling you in you've got the wrong dealer because they do know and not telling you is a big issue. The last thing is availability of particular options. You may put in an order and the dealer places it legitimately and the factory has a shortage of some option, that can push your order back but the dealer should know this and let you make a decision to wait or make a change. I've been to Ingolstadt and it's amazing to see rolls of steel at the beginning and cars for delivery at the end. The system works but it's really complicated. Bottom line is to get with your dealer. I have a '19 S5 that was just loaded on the ship last week and the dealer has very detailed info and keeps me updated.
Will you be lucky enough to be able collect your car or will it be sat waiting on Wltp with the rest of us.

Just spoken with Audi UK. Firstly, to those with built cars showing as in Quality Control for an excessive amount of time, the tracker is way off. My car has been showing as in QC for 10 days but has actually arrived at the port in the UK.

Sadly, emissions wise, doesn’t look like anything has been signed off. As far as the advisor I was speaking to knew, it’s going to be new year when we hear an update. It’s possible but unlikely that anyone will see their car this side of the new year.
Just been posted on A4 WLTP long delay page.
This is not good news at all. 8 months plus to get a new car.....

So today feeling frustrated about lack of information I have bugged Audi UK to try and get confirmation that cars are still delayed and when might we see them. They have not really answerd any of the questions but asked about my order. Not sure if good news or not as I know car is in UK from the tracker. They sent me the below reply I was seeing dealership in morning anyway so hopefully will become clearer

It comes up as Audi A5 Sportback S line 40 TDI 190 PD S tronic on the system. vehicle landed in UK – transport order raised. We hope you receive your car soon, the Centre should be getting in touch with you in a few days.

So today feeling frustrated about lack of information I have bugged Audi UK to try and get confirmation that cars are still delayed and when might we see them. They have not really answerd any of the questions but asked about my order. Not sure if good news or not as I know car is in UK from the tracker. They sent me the below reply I was seeing dealership in morning anyway so hopefully will become clearer

It comes up as Audi A5 Sportback S line 40 TDI 190 PD S tronic on the system. vehicle landed in UK – transport order raised. We hope you receive your car soon, the Centre should be getting in touch with you in a few days.
You can ask them to fast track it as well, the dealership told me that I wasn't going to get mine for another 2 weeks after the date they had given me (I sold my S3 privately based on that date), which would mean I'd have been out of a car for 2 weeks...I said this wasn't on and I wanted a car to cover the two weeks...they said no we can't do that!!!

So I contacted Audi UK and told them that the story :) They said we don't expect our customers to be out of a car for 24 hours let alone 2 week! They said leave it with us and we will contact the dealership....my car was ready that weekend :) When I asked at the dealership what had changed, I was told they fast tracked it!!! Then the big boss came to me and said "If you have any more problems can you contact me directly on this number please (gave me his private number) and not via Audi UK, I'll deal with any problems myself"...Obviously someone had been given an *** kicking by Audi UK :D

When my A3 saloon was delayed by a few weeks I was given a virtually brand new Q3 to drive around in..

Reactions: S32B and jamestalmond
I didn't even had to ask, however this might have been due to the vehicle I was p/x'ing. I seem to remember the sales person saying they were obliged too...

Mine has been in ‘quality control’ since last weekend buy me dealer emailed me to say it was on its way to the port in Germany and should be with me before the year end. Fingers crossed!

Mine has been in ‘quality control’ since last weekend buy me dealer emailed me to say it was on its way to the port in Germany and should be with me before the year end. Fingers crossed!
Best of luck! Mine is supposed to start building today so I'm hoping it won't be too long now.

My dealer has finally had some form of confirmation from the factory, looks like orders will be complete by build week 3.

I'm hoping that this means I'll have my car by January!

Some good news my car will be £1000 cheaper alloys only £150 option instead of £1000 and folding mirrors are standard. Downside everyone will be going for the same wheels

For those who don't know, the Audi configurator has been updated with the new models.

Update on my '19 S5 Sportback, left on ship as dealer told me, stopped in RI on east coast and did partial unloading and ship is now on way to Houston port, should arrive early next week. I asked about any delays and he said it shows to be sched for truck to Dallas after inspection etc, so maybe late next week or early the next. All I can say is he calls me to update and so far it hasn't varied. By the way, he's been begging to give a loaner but so far I've told him no as I really don't need it.

Can anyone confirm if the order tracker updates throughout the day or whether it is updated once a day at midnight?

I hate you buggers being able to track your orders! Us lot down here in the backwaters of the globe (Australia) are reliant on the dealer updating us on where the car/order is up to! Taking the S3 in tomorrow for its service so will see if I can get an update on my S5 whereabouts...

I hate you buggers being able to track your orders! Us lot down here in the backwaters of the globe (Australia) are reliant on the dealer updating us on where the car/order is up to! Taking the S3 in tomorrow for its service so will see if I can get an update on my S5 whereabouts...
If it makes you feel any better, mine is still stuck on "Your Audi A5 / B9 - AU49x/0EU is expected to begin construction on 3rd December 2018." Which given that it is now the 10th here...

response from Audi Maidstone to can I have my car yet.
Hi Garry,

Just checked the system, and from my side of things its status quo… I hope I have some news later this week as on the Audi communication to the network they said mid/end December and we are quickly approaching mid-December, but really I don’t know when I will here. If they are starting to upload data on the app hopefully it’s a good sign!!

So that is a no then.......

Finally some movement on my order, the tracker has updated to order received status with an expected build date of 28th January. This is for a 3.0TDI sportback.

However with no details on the higher output engines for WLTP i suspect it will be sitting in the docks awaiting the paperwork as much of you are with the current available engines.

Some info I got whilst at my dealers the 2.0 TFSI quattro (now the 45 TFSI) is now 245ps instead of 252ps due to the changes that have had to be made for wltp certification.

If you want i can try and see if i can view via uk site or have you tried using https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/nnnnnnnn
Replcaing nnnnn with your order number. You need to be loggoed onto audi account before using it