a5 3.0tdi power output

jordan denton

Reaction score
hi all i'm looking at upgrading from my a3 to an a5 3.0tdi and have noticed that it seems to come with two different power outputs of either 237bhp or 242bhp. the 242 seems to have much more tuning potential than the 237. however when looking online they are all listed as 242 which seems odd to me. just wandering if there is a way to tell these two engines apart?
many thanks
jordan

There isn't a lot really between the earlier 3.0 TDI and the later one. The turbo is slightly different and there are some other upgrades to improve efficiency .Both the earlier and later models should map to around 300bhp with the DPF and 10-15bhp more if the DPF is removed.
Early models have an engine code of CAPA and CCWA, The revised later engines around 2012 I believe are CDUC engine code.
My car is an early CAPA and made 312 bhp with a remap and the DPF removed. Currently running just over 380bhp with a hybrid turbo.

Karl

There isn't a lot really between the earlier 3.0 TDI and the later one. The turbo is slightly different and there are some other upgrades to improve efficiency .Both the earlier and later models should map to around 300bhp with the DPF and 10-15bhp more if the DPF is removed.
Early models have an engine code of CAPA and CCWA, The revised later engines around 2012 I believe are CDUC engine code.
My car is an early CAPA and made 312 bhp with a remap and the DPF removed. Currently running just over 380bhp with a hybrid turbo.

Karl
is there any perticular map you would reccomend as i've never had the confidence to get it done after hearing all of the horror stories out there?

There are many people who can map these. I used Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport. He is a forum sponsor and has mapped many peoples cars off this forum. He is very good at what he does.
Where abouts are you in the country ?

There are many people who can map these. I used Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport. He is a forum sponsor and has mapped many peoples cars off this forum. He is very good at what he does.
Where abouts are you in the country ?

northamptonshire bedfordshire way