A4 S-Line Lease deals

nokiauk

Reaction score
Looking to possibly lease an A4 as soon as I can, accept I may have to wait on an order.

Local dealer has recently put their prices up compared to other Audi dealers looking on the What Car leading prices, maybe they will negotiate though??

Best prices I have so far are

1.4 S-Line 6+23 @ 197.02 this via Contract Hire & Leasing company is Car Save Uk
1.4 S-Line Stronic 6+23 @ 234 via Huddersfield Audi
1.4 S-Line BE 6+23 @ 219.84 this via Contract Hire & Leasing company is Car Save Uk

This would be my 1st lease would ideally be a local dealer but they are now quoting 243 for a standard S-Line.

Prob looking at no options and a black or white car.

Anyone experience of dealer negotiations for a lease or can recommend a leasing company, I’ve never heard of Car Save Uk.

Thanks

I found a deal I was happy with on the What Car comparison service. It was from Milton Keynes Audi. I went into my local dealership (Manchester) and they matched it.

It was A4 1.4 TFSI S-tronic Black Edition, 8k miles/year, 6+23, £246/month, £1476 initial payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers looks like that’s the best approach then esp with franchised dealers, get a good price from another and see if they will match. On further investigation it does look like the other dealers will deliver so this could be an option also.

Reactions: Whytho1001
I would have paid good money to NOT deal with my local Audi dealer and the overall price was slightly lower going through a lease broker on a 1.4 S-Line Avant anyway. Not sure the cheap S-Line deals are still there though. I'll be paying £260 amortised for 10k miles / 24 months. Flat paint no options.

In the end, delivery is from a dealer 35 miles away so will pick up.

I would have paid good money to NOT deal with my local Audi dealer and the overall price was slightly lower going through a lease broker on a 1.4 S-Line Avant anyway. Not sure the deals are still there though.

What’s wrong with your local dealer? I had a good experience with mine.

They are half a mile from me and I gave them a chance to sell me a car 3 times over the past years and they failed every time. Little product knowledge, extremely poor used car preparation/presentation, very uncompetitive pricing.

Their servicing is very good though which I will try to avoid too on a 24 months lease.

I got a quote of 6+23 at £260 inc vat. Fully maintained. That was from my previous lease company who are gateway2lease. My local Audi dealer matched their deal if that helps.

Cheers will pop into my local dealer this weekend I think and see if they will match some of the other offers around.

Do Audi dealers generally understand PCH for private buyers other dealers have usually had to pass me to the business dept who only work Mon-Fri

Cheers will pop into my local dealer this weekend I think and see if they will match some of the other offers around.

Do Audi dealers generally understand PCH for private buyers other dealers have usually had to pass me to the business dept who only work Mon-Fri
Mine wasn’t overly familiar to be honest. It was her manager who did the numbers etc.

Well it looks like all the cheap deals are gone, local deal could not match any other dealer or lease company, I have contacted next nearest but they are the same group so not holding out much hope.

I guess this is the reality of leasing in that prices/offers change regularly so what was good before 1 Jan 2018 no longer exists. Will await other dealer but I suspect I may just end up buying a cheaper car instead as even if I secure a good lease this time round who knows prices in 2 years time?

Yes that's the thing with leasing. If you're after a blinding deal you can't be brand/model specific and need to consider the car as white good / commodity. I only ordered the A4 because of how cheap the deal was although having a slightly nicer car than the usual eurobox is nice, for very little more.

Have you considered a Skoda Karoq ? I think the support is still there so they're a good alternative. We're getting one to replace the Tiguan.

Well it looks like all the cheap deals are gone, local deal could not match any other dealer or lease company, I have contacted next nearest but they are the same group so not holding out much hope.

I guess this is the reality of leasing in that prices/offers change regularly so what was good before 1 Jan 2018 no longer exists. Will await other dealer but I suspect I may just end up buying a cheaper car instead as even if I secure a good lease this time round who knows prices in 2 years time?

Ah that’s a shame. The salesman at my local dealership did say that the quote he gave me had to be accepted before 1st Jan and the car collected by 31st March. I was slightly sceptical but sounds like it was true.

So best deal I can get given it will be a factory order is:

1.4 TSI Manual A4 S- Line Black Edition with no extras.

6 + 23
Deposit £1,620
23 x £270 incl Vat
£7,830 over life of lease which is 23.8% of retail.

Go for it or leave it?

Poor value IMO. Presumably that's for an Avant ? If not, defo poor value. But that's only in comparison to the 2018 Q4 prices.
Any cheaper if you forego the BE (cosmetic) bits ?

6 + 23
Deposit £1,620
23 x £270 incl Vat

Go for it or leave it?

Based on 6 + 23 and 8000 miles pa.

64bc181c8f2c581a0bceff155ead762a.jpg

That’s what I was thinking and this is just a saloon, only £10 cheaper for std S-Line so that’s not worth it either.

6 + 23
Deposit £1,620
23 x £270 incl Vat

Go for it or leave it?

Seems to be a lot better deals out there than dealer is offering.

a1035b6dc6695e677b87c97487c0922d.jpg

Will have a further look at these other opinions would have preferred dealing local though. Thanks.

Reactions: BarryG79
Well having mulled it over night think I may just pass on the A4 this time. Not so much a question of affordability but rather how much I can justify paying out for metal on the drive.

I had set myself a limit of £250 per month which looks to be just about do-able, but what happened in 2 years when the lease is up, would an A4 be re- quoted at £280 or even £300 per month for the same car again? If so then I couldn’t justify the increase and would then be looking elsewhere albeit having driven a nice car for 2 years.

Well having mulled it over night think I may just pass on the A4 this time. Not so much a question of affordability but rather how much I can justify paying out for metal on the drive.

I had set myself a limit of £250 per month which looks to be just about do-able, but what happened in 2 years when the lease is up, would an A4 be re- quoted at £280 or even £300 per month for the same car again? If so then I couldn’t justify the increase and would then be looking elsewhere albeit having driven a nice car for 2 years.
With inflation alone, you'd be expecting to pay £260/mo...

'We' have been lucky with really good lease deals available on the A4 with the 1.4 TFSI for a long time. For other cars, the really good lease deals appear and then often are all sold out within a day or so. So it's really impossible to say what will be the case in two years time - and that'll likely be on a facelifted A4 too. To get the best deals when buying a car, and indeed when leasing, you need to be prepared to go for whatever car is on offer at the time that the manufacturer is supporting to get metal out of the door. There's a great offer on the Jaguar XF at the moment for example (and there was one back in November which sold out within a couple of days too), so in two years you might not get another A4, but you might get yourself a BMW, MB, or Jaguar etc. instead for a similar amount. In nearly every case, brokers can offer the best deal - most of the times local dealers won't match (particularly if you're in the SE!), so you need to be prepared to shop around. If you will only purchase from a local dealer, then you'll need to be prepared to pay more.

If you want to lock in paying £250/mo, then perhaps looking at PCP on a nearly new example is the way to go for 3-5 years? But obviously that brings issues with maintenance on an older car etc. that a two year lease avoids.

That’s the chance you take with leasing, on the up side you don’t need to worry about negative equity.

With lease deals it’s a case of right place at the right time or don’t be fussy and take a stock offer.

Have a look for the following sites online.
Select car leasing
Gateway2lease
Nationwide vehicle contracts
National vehicle solutions
Stable vehicle contracts (part of main dealer so no fees)
Uchoose contracts (part of main dealer so no fees)
Central U.K. Vehicle leasing
All car leasing

Contract hire & leasing
What car leasing

Check their Facebook pages too cause you normally get offers there quicker and sign up to email offers too.

Phone or email for quotes as not all deals are advertised, ask about maintenance too. I was only an extra £11 pm to include tyres, servicing etc over 2years.

I know you said you wished to stay local, the issue is that dealers with probably be using Audi finance for funding. Where as the brokers mentioned above will have access to many more finance providers (Lex, Alphabet, Arval, Leaseplan etc) who can provide much better offers normally.

Happy hunting and if I can help further then just ask.

Reactions: mister.c.
I found Carwow cheaper than any lease deals. It’s PCP but you just hand it back at the end, so I’m reality it’s the same, just with the option to buy. Took the quote into my local dealers and they couldn’t/wouldn’t match it, so I got it from Coventry Audi and just took a £15 train to get there on a Saturday morning.

I did the same; Carwow to establish the discounted cost and then got the local dealer to match. I ended up choosing to pay £5k deposit (mostly from the p/x) and £262 pm - 48 months and 8,000 miles per annum. And as @/dev/null points out, I get the choice of keep or p/x at the end, depending on the numbers at the time. That's based on the car below.

I did the same; Carwow to establish the discounted cost and then got the local dealer to match. I ended up choosing to pay £5k deposit (mostly from the p/x) and £262 pm - 48 months and 8,000 miles per annum. And as @/dev/null points out, I get the choice of keep or p/x at the end, depending on the numbers at the time. That's based on the car below.

I think you are absolutely right, that a PCP for that particular car with those options was cheaper than leasing (found the same when I got my S5 on PCP), but the argument leasers make is that if you aren't actually that fussed about options or particularly fussy about what you drive, you can make some pretty big savings.

E.g., there was a lease deal on a Jaguar XF 2.0i that was £1,475 initial and £163.99 per month for 5k miles. That's a 2yr cost of £5,257.68.
Or the A4 S-Line 1.4TFSI lease that was £627 then £209pm over 24months. Total cost over 2yrs £5700. Granted these were 5k miles, so about £500 more for 10k miles.

These lease deals are the equivalent of around £2,800 per year, compared to your PCP which is £4,300 per year. So as you can see, there can be a massive saving if you are happy to jump on whatever lease deal is available. I'm far too fussy personally...!

Reactions: tickedon
Thanks for rest of your responses, I'm fussy as well so taking any old cheap lease deal doesn't appeal, may look further into Carwow/PCP as an option.

Yes, my mate was looking at a 1.4 and it was pretty much pennies in it between the cheapest lease and carwow. Remember with PCP you can always VT it at 50%. ;)

Mine is PCP, 48 months. 18,000 miles a year with £500 deposit, and I think it's about £455 a month. 3.0 (218) TDi S-Line Quattro with just a couple of options. Not the cheapest but I didn't want to put down a big deposit due to having to pay off my other which was HP.
It's the mileage that kills me - I'd have something a bit more exotic, but doing 18k a year (which is down from about 25/30 at my previous job) is a ******. Luckily now, if I go over then it'll be because of work, which I get paid the mileage for anyway.

Yes, my mate was looking at a 1.4 and it was pretty much pennies in it between the cheapest lease and carwow. Remember with PCP you can always VT it at 50%. ;)

I'm sure you're aware, but to clarify it's 50% of the total amount owed.

In your case, with a GFV of about £13,500ish, you would need to pay (13,500+500+(47*455) = 35,385/2) about £17,700 before being able to VT. With £500 deposit, that leaves £17,200 worth of payments, which would be (17,200/455) ~38months.

High mileage is never kind reading when it comes to car economics...! :(