A4 B8 Parking sensors

jynx78

Reaction score
My Audi A4 currently has aftermarket rear parking sensors which have become faulty, so i thought it would be a good idea to upgrade them with genuine Audi module. I have MMI 2 g High. I looked on eBay and purchased 8K0919475C module with the parking button, wiring loom for the rear, sensors and a buzzer. I also purchased the connector and made my own loom. I connected it up to the can bus and feed power to it.
I the got out vcds to programme the module and it coded ok in module 19 in the installation list. I could then see it come up module 10 parallel parking 2. I coded the module for visual display and thought that was it.
When i engaged reverse gear nothing shows up on the display and no buzzing from the buzzer. I bought out my other scan tool as this is easier to view what is happening with live data. I can see the reverse gear being engaged and the sensors fire up, the parking light also flashes. However the distance remains the same even though the sensors are loose in my boot connected to the module. I thought of a faulty module so purchased another one and still the same.
Is there anything else i need to code? Do i need the front sensors connected as well for it to work?

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpeg
    IMG_1051.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1052.jpeg
    IMG_1052.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20230210_160424.png
    Screenshot_20230210_160424.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 134
If I'm not mistaken if you have the parking button and module then that is for front and rear parking, a rear parking system does not have the parking button as that is for when you want to go forwards and engage the front sensors. Maybe it doesn't like having only the rear sensors on the controller, is the controller version a 4 channel or 8 channel version?

How did you make the wiring loom?
Hi i purchased the connecter and cable and followed the wiring diagram on elsawin. The can bus cable is proper can bus cable twisted pair and run to the can bus connecter down by the front right side.

If I'm not mistaken if you have the parking button and module then that is for front and rear parking, a rear parking system does not have the parking button as that is for when you want to go forwards and engage the front sensors. Maybe it doesn't like having only the rear sensors on the controller, is the controller version a 4 channel or 8 channel version?
Hi
this was my thoughts as well, from my research this is a 8 channel PDC module. I had a feeling the fronts would need to plugged in as well. I am not understanding though why i am not getting a distance reading back on the scan tool. see pic.

IMG 1007

I am doing a similar thing at the moment, I am just going rears though, had planned to buy the loom from kufatec which is why I am interested in how you made your connector.

I am doing a similar thing at the moment, I am just going rears though, had planned to buy the loom from kufatec which is why I am interested in how you made your connector.
I was lucky and and the connector come with the unit, you can purchase the connector for about £10 on ebay and i bought the correct coloured cable on eBay and pins. However the cable is expensive to have it match the genuine colours. I would just stick with white. And you need a crimp tool. CAN Cable was from aliexpress as it was quite hard to find local unless i went to the main dealers.

Hi, i am still having the same issue, i have connected the front sensors and both chimes and still the same issue. I get an open fault on the chimes and even though the sensors are active they are not reading the distance or showing the graphic on the screen.
Can anyone help?
IMG 1070
IMG 1069

Finally got it working. It was all because of a faulty buzzer which produced a code and stopped the system from working. That is crazy why can the system carry on working when you have optical display as well. My home made wiring harness also worked :)

Reactions: Simon