A4 B8.5 2.0 TFSI Remap + filter/intake

MikeA4BE

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice if poss...

I've mapped my TFSI with bluefin stage1 (which I'm very happy with) but want a little more noise from the engine and turbo. Was eying up an induction kit but didn't know whether it would force too much air into the engine and mess with the map... then thought maybe just a panel filter but that is unlikely to give the engine a better sound. Don't want to spend a fortune so a custom remap is out the question, if more airflow is going to cause a problem I might just leave it!

Anyone done this? Any input appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

You can usually get away with changing an intake without having to remap, and the bluefin might take into account a little more air coming in to the engine anyway. The car 'should' be smart enough to deal with it.

The standard air filter is very good so an aftermarket one will make little difference as regards air flow.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I have heard that the standard air filter is very good so just a little more noise unlikely to affect things is good to know!

Any recommendations on air filters/intakes?

TIA

Morning, how's the car feel now you've had the bluefin? Was toying with the idea doing the same thing that's all. Mpg improved or worst? Just curious to know

Morning, how's the car feel now you've had the bluefin? Was toying with the idea doing the same thing that's all. Mpg improved or worst? Just curious to know

Hi SteG88,

Car feels much better now, better throttle response, strong pull in every gear and no flat spots. Economy slightly less but largely unchanged (however it's driven with a heavy foot at the moment as only recently done). I bought the bluefin because they take off the original map and you can put it back on whenever you like, it's not a similar map like some companies it's the exact one! And the fact that I can use the bluefin on another car in the future.

I've seen this induction kit: http://www.bsr-tuning.co.uk/products/4900430/ has anyone owned one? What are your thoughts?

Cheers

I would suggest a BMC panel filter. I had a Revo stage 1 map and BMC FILTER on my Audi 2.0tfsi and was pretty quick. I then replaced it with the new Revo CAI, first one fitted apparently as it had to be modded to fit the S-tronic equipped 2.0 tfsi. Only real difference was the additional induction noise.

I would suggest a BMC panel filter. I had a Revo stage 1 map and BMC FILTER on my Audi 2.0tfsi and was pretty quick. I then replaced it with the new Revo CAI, first one fitted apparently as it had to be modded to fit the S-tronic equipped 2.0 tfsi. Only real difference was the additional induction noise.

Hi ianv5, thanks for replying.

This the one you mean? http://www.bmcairfilters.co.uk/eng/car-filters/fb545-20/747/art

I didn't think that just a panel filter would make much of a difference to induction noise but if that's the case I'd be very interested!

Cheers

Bmc filter made no difference to sound it was the Revo CAI that made the induction noise.

It says it fits from 2008 to 2015 in the title? I don't think there are any changes under the bonnet between B8 and B8.5. I stand to be corrected.

There's an asterisk at the bottom of the page that says it. Was yours a B8 or 8.5?

Anyone else know whether there's a difference between the 2?

Cheers

B8. Contact Revo and see if it fits?

Reply from revo:

'Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email.

We do not offer an intake kit for the 8.5 as there are several derivatives of the 8.5 which creates confusion and would mean making several kits or adapting to fit, which in all honesty isn’t something we’ve had the time to do at this stage. Some of the difference relate to the breather hoses over B8 too.

We do offer the ProPanel filter upgrade for standard airbox as an alternative.'

Maybe I just get a panel filter and be done with it! I have been reading up on itg filters and they seem to have rave reviews!