A4 B7 List of Affordable Modifications/Upgrades/Retrofits

Regarding the cigarette lighter, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I opted for the cheap (couldn't bring myself to pay rs4 prices) start button

I like it how's it done please?

anyone got a link to the EML327 on eBay that actually works? i Brought one a while ago and it just didn't work lol

I like it how's it done please?
Quite straightforward really. I did it quite a while ago, it replaces the cigarette lighter and I used the power and illumination from it. The button then goes to a relay with a good power lead running to the starter motor wire. Still use the key as normal or show off to your mates with the button!!!!! Pretty pointless yes I know!!!:meeting:

Just seen you said haha,
Stupid internet..

Any links to the one you used?

Understand lol,
Looking on eBay and the ones they have have a small black box with it?
Would that be right or just the wires?
May have to YouTube

Understand lol,
Looking on eBay and the ones they have have a small black box with it?
Would that be right or just the wires?
May have to YouTube
Yeh any of the cheap kits on ebay does the job. The black box is the relay. You will love this mod (for a week or so) :jump:

Ordered... Cheers, these can tell you things the onboard computer cant so i suppose it will come in handy all the time!
I paid 2.99 for my app rather than a free one as it gives you a lot more of the eml327 features

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-18-16-22-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-18-16-22-28.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 493
So am I right in thinking that it means you turn key which sorts the immobiliser then push the button?

Or can you still start car fully with key??

Just realised I know I'm skint when I'm most active in the cheap mod thread haha

Reactions: KRT20, ukphillad and jdp1962
So am I right in thinking that it means you turn key which sorts the immobiliser then push the button?

Or can you still start car fully with key??
The key still works normally but to use the button, turn the ignition on and press the button (it really is just a bit of fun to be honest) but if you stall the car you can just press the start button rather than having to turn the ignition off and back on. Cheap mods
are the best haha!!!!

Just realised I know I'm skint when I'm most active in the cheap mod thread haha

I think you'll find I described the thread as affordable not cheap ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dodsie75
changed.

Shame it's too late to correct the spelling of my earlier "luggage" post

Heheh! I'm sorted, I think. I've got a ELM327 on way from eBay, and have downloaded an iOS compatible app.
Be careful with the cheap wifi adapters, they'll run your battery flat if you leave them plugged in and don't use the car for 2-3 days.

Be careful with the cheap wifi adapters, they'll run your battery flat if you leave them plugged in and don't use the car for 2-3 days.
Thanks for the tip. It's probably not something I'll leave plugged in. More likely I'll use it from time to time.

Just managed to install LED DRLs today, bulbs along with resistors are a very cheap mod and I think really update the look from the yellow looking old DRL bulbs. All bought off eBay. I followed Nick's car blog DIY. Very limited space to move on the drivers side as the rad pipe gets in the way but manageable with smallish hands.
Uploadfromtaptalk1424610991566

Got round 2 doing washer jets and realised mine are heated.

Anyone want to buy none heated versions?

reference heated washer jets...

Read somewhere can't remember where! That replacing heated jets with afore mentioned upgrades may require existing loom to be modified (lengthened) to accommodate newer upgraded ones. Is this true?

Was going to order mine tommorow but this may put me off the idea.

Last edited by a moderator: