A4 Avant Badges

D

Donners_99

Hi,

Has anyone on here changed the audi rings from silver to after market black ones ? Anyone recommend any specific ones to purchase and have any pics of them applied ? Also how easy are they to remove and install ?

Thanks

Donners

I changed the rear one to black. Got it of ebay, plenty to choose from, i don't think there will be much difference in quality depending which one you choose. Make sure it's the right size. If you are changing the rings you also need to change the other badges to black as they will look silly. I decided to de-badge and just left the rings but after few weeks swapped to silver rings again as I think they look better on Daytona grey.
Removing the rings was tough however I did not use a hairdryer as is recommended. Had to use nylon string that came with a kite. Floss was useless but then again I did not warm up the glue first. The other quite time consuming thing was to remove remnants of the old glue. I tried different solvents and isopropyl alcohol seemed to work best. You have to be careful not to scratch the paint work with all this rubbing.

Reactions: Donners_99