A4 Avant B7 Bumper Differences????

Dom_E_UK

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post on here so be gentle :)

Earlier last year I ended up buying an A4 Avant S-Line (140) 2.0 TDi 2006. Its a lovely car and had no complaints at all with it.

Annoyingly, I parked up at work earlier in December 'Nose In', and when I reversed out, the front bumper snagged on the kerb and effectively peeled off pivoting about the grille.

Now, very miffed, I need a new bumper! But I'm getting conflicting information about the "S-Line" bumper and normal bumper. Apparently they're different (although as far as I can see they look the same). The fog light inserts, grille and all the towing eye covers etc, are in tact, so I effectively need the big bit of plastic. But I'm unable to get a definite part number for it.

Is there any difference or does anyone have a part number for the specific "S-Line" Variant??

Thanks in advance.

Dom

OK,

So I'm trying to do my own research but i've pretty much exhausted all logical thought....
From the attached images, they're from a mixture of A4 Avant's (For sale on ebay), some S-Line, some normal, Some of the published S-Lines don't have badges (I realise they could be mis-marketed or de-badged).

The shape looks identical and on closer inspection of my fog lights, I have the adjoining central plastic line which goes into the middle of the fog light.

So is mine a normal bumper with an S-Line badge? Or are S-Line bumpers on Avant's all normal? Would a normal bumper fit on it if the S-Line bumper is different?

Again, Thanks in advance (Sorry, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this).

Dom

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 586
  • $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 633
  • $_57-3.JPG
    $_57-3.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 610
  • $_57-5.JPG
    $_57-5.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 501
  • $_57-6.JPG
    $_57-6.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 486
All S Line bumpers are the same, easy to spot as the hole for the fog light is just a large hole, SE bumpers have a bar and light surround that run across it.

Variant just means it's an avant so no difference in the bumper.

This is the part number for a primed S Line one, 8E0807105MGRU. There are different numbers if you want a factory painted one.

I use this website for numbers, http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a4-avant-a4-eu-2007-80700-bumper/

And then check it here just to be sure, http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_A4-FWD-2.0T/Exterior/Body/Front_Bumper/

Last edited:
If you have the body coloured bar that runs across the fog I'd call that a SE bumper, Part No 8E0807105NGRU.

All bumpers execpt RS4 are interchangeable but you need a SE grill and fog light surrounds for the SE bumper, S Line grill and fog bits for a S Line bumper if that makes sense.

Ajax,

That makes perfect sense.... Thank you.

I'd be able to re-use the grille and fogs from my current bumper, I just want to make sure that the bumper I get is the correct one for it. I agree it sounds like an SE bumper, but I'm confused as to why my S-Line has the SE Bumper and grille??

Well if you do have an se bumper the good news is you will have plenty of choice for aftermarket grille replacements unlike the s line bumpers :icon thumright:

And its made my wallet relax a bit too :)

Much history of Audi plonking random parts from other vehicles onto different marks of trims?

Could you post a few pics of yours on here?

Annoyingly, Not until Monday! I work away and my car is at work over Xmas! That said its identical to this one!

(Pic stolen off ebay)

EDIT: Identical apart from mine doesn't have headlight washers!

Attachments

• $_57-5.JPG
    $_57-5.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 495
Strange that, certainly looks like se bumper, doesn't seem to have same roof bars or door blades as my s line either.

And the Middle door trims look like they are missing...

Sorry to keep going on about this but I'm fascinated now...

Have you noticed the wings and bonnet on that car? Look totally different to any a4 Avant I've ever seen before, not sure if it's just an illusion of the picture but where the bonnet and wing meet looks way over the engine bay so to speak

Hope someone can shed some light

Sorry to keep going on about this but I'm fascinated now...

Have you noticed the wings and bonnet on that car? Look totally different to any a4 Avant I've ever seen before, not sure if it's just an illusion of the picture but where the bonnet and wing meet looks way over the engine bay so to speak

Hope someone can shed some light
If you're talking about the first pic in the group, with the "AVJ" plate, I think that might be an A6.

So basically, when i get back to the car, I need to see if the fog lights are bumper inserts (S-Line) or inbuilt into the bumper (SE)??

Any other confirmatory checks??

So basically, when i get back to the car, I need to see if the fog lights are bumper inserts (S-Line) or inbuilt into the bumper (SE)??

Any other confirmatory checks??
Yes, and if I were you even if I had the se bumper I would swap to the s line anyway.

Yeah ebay have loads for sale here's a link for one of many on there.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c4aa905e8

Seen lots of cabriolet ones also but am not sure if they are the same or not.

I'm sure I remember someone on here selling one just last week

Edit: I think the cab s line bumpers have the smaller grilles so your old grill wouldn't fit it. Ajax1976 knows all about this so hopefully he can confirm or dismiss this...

Last edited:
Annoyingly, Not until Monday! I work away and my car is at work over Xmas! That said its identical to this one!

(Pic stolen off ebay)

EDIT: Identical apart from mine doesn't have headlight washers!
How this bumper can be identical if it is A6 and your car A4 ?

The bumper looks identical, and it was a black estate car!

My mistake!

For some reason some cabriolet S Lines came with an SE bumper fitted, not sure what Audi were thinking about.

Other than the fog lights the main grills are different sizes. S Line is a bit deeper than than the SE. If you have 4 rows of slats on your grill below the number plate(left one pictured) you have an S Line bumper, If you have 3 rows(right one pictured) below the plate you have an SE.

SE Bumper, Bar across fog lights, wider below centre grill.

S Line Bumper, No fog light bar, narrower below grill.

Quite a few of each on Ebay at the moment, what colour is your car?

If you want to confirm that your car is an actual genuine S Line you can use this site and type in your codes from the sticker in the car or service book,

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Application_PRDecoder.asp

Hi, don't know if still is still active but figured i might just give it a shot... Can i fit an non sline bumper onto my 2006 a4 quattro avant sline? The owner before me kind of messed up the grille and the whole bumper looks like sh*te. I was thinking about buying and installing a non sline bumper since there are more aftermarket options to make them look good but im quiet unsure if the non sline bumper would fit. And since im not in the financial position to make a guess...

I know this is not the right thread, but i can't really find any answers anywhere else...

The non s-line will fit but you will need to fit a non s-line grille also the foglamps setup is different , all very easy to overcome .

Thanks Rob
But if i were to keep the sline, are there any front lip spoiler options for it? Can't seem to actually find anything that will fit the car apperently. Or does it even matter if the lip spoiler is specific for the sline model? Most of the lip spoilers i've found would arguably also fit on s-lines as they are just a screw on spoilers...?

If you stick with the s-line bumper there are a few options but they are all aftermarket items.
One of the prefered options is the cupra LCR item as it looks oem ,well its a seat (VAG group part) after that there items from maxton etc which are not quite oem looking but all comes down to personal choice really.

So i can't really fit any other options than the selected choices above? No non s-line cup spoiler would fit?