A4 Avant 2005 2.0TDI or 2007 1.9TDI

That's a bit of a low blow Tony.......but having a little giggle about it!

you know me mate always pulling a leg, i can always crack a **** joke at the worst of times mate, has't to be done lmao

Reactions: carlcall
They'll knock £100 off if I don't have it fixed... but I can pick up today/tomorrow I just won't be able to open one window.

A new regulator is £50 and there are videos online showing how to fix it plus I have friends that might be able to help once I have the part.

So £3695 for the car all in all.

I just need to replace and fix window regulator and boot struts myself. No rush for those though.

If your getting one from ECP I would pick one up or order one asap before the Xmas discount ends as they've knocked quite a bit off with the code at the moment so it's a great saving.

So it now looks like you are officially an A4 B7 owner in the best shape they made it in.......the AVANT variant!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Almost an owner, I will let you know when it's official :p

I need just spoke to a mechanic and said to get it down another £100 due to the cost of oem parts. I've been told the after market part is trash.

Not that I'm biased but black is sexier when all bufftied up and a nice coat of wax that makes it look wet
big-drooling-smiley-emoticon_zps8ebdc171.gif~c200

Just a PITA to keep looking clean!

really carl, all this talk about wet look, this is a family website.....not...lol

looking very Hot , oops I mean smart tony....haha

Reactions: tony mc
Did the window reg on mine in about an hour . It's not a hard job and it looks damn good in black !

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

some are ok, a lot are rubbish, depend on what sort of aftermarket part you are thinking about, service parts or oem replacement parts or accessories.

Spoke to the dealer with the grey Audi, he said the only thing wrong with it was the transmission which he says he has overhauled for £2000 and got receipts for.

I explained my situation and he doesn't recon I'll get my deposit back :(

He's gonna check the isofix system in the rear seats and phone me back but I can only look at the car tomorrow as he's not there today.

Now to wait to hear back from the other one about the repairs....

Such a pain but what do I do, I could go there and love it but be out of pocket by £200 or I hate it and miss out of the black one...

If I get the black one I'll have saved at least £200 and not lost £200 giving me £400 to play around with on upgrading it myself to have parking sensors, new centre console, stereo cage and mirrors. I'll have the nicer alloys and colour too :)
black is a great colour, absolute pain to keep spanking clean though and does show every mark possible, but when cleaned and waxed probably the best colour for a B7 avant or saloon.
mine on a semi clean day ...
IMG 0892

Reactions: THQuattro
and as carl so rightly pointed out and what all us avant owners already knew " So it now looks like you are officially an A4 B7 owner in the best shape they made it in.......the AVANT variant! " well said carl , maximum brownie points for you again then.

The parts request option on this site is awesome :)

Already been quoted for the new window regulator and it's way cheaper then I thought.

So it got me thinking...

Folding door mirrors... the door will be open on one side anyway, are they easy to fit, and does it require lots of parts? A pair on eBay are £250ish with everything needed or so I'm lead to believe.

i have power fold / heated etc item on my special eds , i'm upgrading to Rs4 items in a few months (after I have recovered from the clutch that is) so i'll have set for sale , prob feb/march time, wont be on ebay but will be in the classified on here, if your in no rush they will be forsale Thom.

Emergency!

I need to get the door panel off the car and reattach he locking mechanism or I can't lock the door. Can anyone help on Xmas eve? Please!

Ps I'm now an owner :)

best to just search vids for a4 b7 front door trim removal, very straight forward and wont take you long, but don't break the door card fasteners that hold the card on .
basically, remove the top trim insert, remove the screws also the screw beneath the door handle, a firm tug outward from the bottom edge will realsese the card and then lift it upwards away from the window .

certainly don't want unlocked doors down this part of the country.....

Here ya all go :)

Attachments

• IMG_2521.JPG
    IMG_2521.JPG
    943.3 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: Baka, tony mc, carlcall and 1 other person
front looks good , need all round though Thom......I see you need 3 mods to start with aswell , grill, foglamp mesh and clear corner will all go down very nicely ....merry xmas chap.

I'll take more pictures when outside but yeah hose mods would be nice.

First mod will definitely be the phone prep removal though.

front looks good , need all round though Thom......I see you need 3 mods to start with aswell , grill, foglamp mesh and clear corner will all go down very nicely ....merry xmas chap.

and a splitter lol

HinAll, been a while since I used his thread but today my oil pressure light came on....

98434a06df51762b9b281b4c0bcf96de.jpg

It came on about 3 miles from my office so I drove it in. But I don’t want to drive it home and do any damage.

I’ve got about 30,000 miles out of it since buying it a year and half ago.

Currently sat on 126,000 miles.

What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HinAll, been a while since I used his thread but today my oil pressure light came on....

98434a06df51762b9b281b4c0bcf96de.jpg

It came on about 3 miles from my office so I drove it in. But I don’t want to drive it home and do any damage.

I’ve got about 30,000 miles out of it since buying it a year and half ago.

Currently sat on 126,000 miles.

What should I do?

dont drive it get it towed to a garage to find out what the problem then takeit from there

Reactions: DieselJake and Steaudi
Yeah exactly what Martin says, it’s a horrible feeling it really is, been there, hope it hasn’t done much damage mate.

Spoke to a mechanic I know and has done work on the Audi for me before and reckons it’s about £800 to repair.

If I decide not to repair it, he has offered to take it off my hands but his offer wasn’t great.

If I wanted to sell it as is with the fault, what’s the likelihood I’ll get much for it?

Do I have any other options?

Spoke to a mechanic I know and has done work on the Audi for me before and reckons it’s about £800 to repair.

If I decide not to repair it, he has offered to take it off my hands but his offer wasn’t great.

If I wanted to sell it as is with the fault, what’s the likelihood I’ll get much for it?

Do I have any other options?

I wouldn't Think you'd get much for it mate.

Turbo could be gone, half the engine could be damaged.

That repair price isn't bad, because I guarantee you it's a balance shaft failure.e I paid £600 for a garage in Sheffield to replace my balance shaft with a upgraded version for piece of mind (Thanks Gazwould). If you're lucky there isn't much damage at all and you can get it repaired and drive away, however I'm not sure what your next step should be ref repairing it as I'm not a mechanic.

I think I’ll cut my losses and sell the car to the mechanic. It’s due an MOT and service after the £800 repair and that’s assuming nothing else is wrong with it. He’ll give me about £400 for it which isn’t much but it’s better then nothing.

The only other thing I can think of is breaking it for parts but that’s time consuming and I don’t have the knowledge or experience to pull parts off of it.

i'd sell it privately , £400 is just taking the mick and he knows what it s worth , probably give you £400 then fix it up for £500 and then sell it for a few thousand.....