A4 3.0 V6 Power Upgrade?

bibhigh

Reaction score
I have a 2002 A4 3.0 Quattro Sport Avant and am struggling to find someone that can offer a power upgrade from 220bhp. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers.

if its 30valve engine you could fit turbos from the 2.7 biturbo, i have a set of those + fitting parts spare of my a6 from my upgrade, that should see you fair past the 300hp mark

Seriuosly they can be fitted?
I do have the 5v per cylinder engine.
Massive job though surely?
Damon.

both 3.0 and 2.7t have the same layout as far as i know,

yes it is a big job engine has to come out, but i'm sure you'd want to do that to uprate the clutch,, i have the oem clutch , pressure plate, flywheel, and an rs4 oem clutch left over too

Engine management would be the problem...

Get a 2.7t ECU, loom... it would be a huge job - but WOW - so worthwhile - assuming you could get the compression ratio of the 3.0 down to <9.5:1 - as standard they run 11:1 - meaning you could only run like 7PSI - maybe 10 with decent intercoolers.

Mmm maybe just have to buy the RS4 that I've seen. My daughter is constantly hassling me to get it. The wife would only be peed off for a couple of days, then would like it.
Damon.

I would think that's a much better option!!!

But be warned, running a RS4 is not for the faint hearted!!

There's a US company who do a supercharger kit for the 3.0 HERE 320 BHP - About $5000................

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Your daughter???? :p - how old is she? ;o) - seems you have injected petrol into her blood!

I did look at supercharging my 2.8q - having seen the results people have had - its never been too great, so I have never done it - although been very tempted.

Let us know what you get upto!

She's fifteen and wants me to get the RS4 before her school prom so I can take her and her friend in it. Cool. She would prefer the RS4 to a stretch Hummer so she has Audi in her blood. Realy am in two minds what to do. If i keep my A4 3.0 I would want to do some mods. It needs more power and is capable with that V6. However do I go for the RS4, but what will I feel about having one when the new shape is on the road. Will it look really dated or do I go for an S4 in 6 months time and get a 1year + old one.
RS4 though looks fantastic and drives like the devil. The one I saw was Black with Black leather, brushed alloy mirrors, bose, centre armrest, cruise, heated seats, electric seats(not sure what was actually standard on them)suede stearing wheel and gear knob, sat nav on a Y'01 with 43k miles. It was from a main dealer for £29995.00. They got it from a Porsche dealer who had taken it in as a trade in so I bet they bid low on it.

http://www.audi.net.r66.co.uk/audiuk/site/general/car.aspx?carId=500917316

Damon

rs4 b5 looks dated with the new grill out, its more everything that you can't see that makes it special, though its still very impressive as a car, it is still one of the cars in my to own some day list

The older RS4 will always be a classic - still fetches TOP DOLLAR considering its age. There were only a few imported into the UK and so demand will be there when it comes to re-sale.

Personally I would spend a little less, get a newer S4 - get the AMD stage 3 conversion on it upto about 380-400BHP with the v8 in a newer shape... cant go far wrong!

You have a lot of options.

Depending on how much HP you want and how much money you want to spend you can do quite a bit.

There are aftermarket exhausts that will give you a 5-10HP gain at the top end of the RPM range.

You can also get the Hyperflow intake that will give you a 3-5HP increase.

Those are both available for under $1000 together.

If you have $6000 USD's you can get the PES G3 Supercharger, which is now on sale. www.pes-tuning.com.

The G3 gives you 320 HP &amp; 267 TQ at the crank.

ECU chips range from $300USD's to about $800USD's.

I personaly have a Powerchip ECU chip, Borla Cat-back exhaust, and Hyperflow intake. I haven't dyno'd the car since the upgrades but I did before they were put on so hopefully come Spring we'll know how much HP/TQ I've gained.