A4 2.5 Tdi MPG?

ribena

Reaction score
hi all

just a quick post to see if my consumption is average

I've had my A4 avant 2.5 quattro tiptronic for a couple of months now and getting 26-28mpg with average country runs of 10-15 miles

and then 32-34mpg on a motorway run

is this good bad or indifferent bearing in mind I'm enjoying the ride so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah I think the quattro saps a bit as normal 2.5TDI can get around 40mpg?

My average full tank range on a normal travel to work week, which is 13 country miles each way is around 460miles to 500 miles until the fuel light comes on.

So I reckon using 62 litres of fuel to do 460 miles is 33 miles per gallon, or based on 500 miles its 36 mpg.

A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport Tiptronic 2003

On a motorway run the range goes upto 600 miles per tank!!!

thx for the replies

was after some owner feedback

i realise the quattro saps quite a bit also the auto but its sssssssooooooooooooooooo easy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

my 2.5 tdi does 38 mpg round town and upto 50 mpg on a run.

kris,
wow, 50 on a run and 38 mpg round town. thats better than my 4 pot ! 130PD. I get 43 on a long run, 38 mpg round town. I find the DIS/MFA within 1 mpg of brim to brim figures. i'm quite disappointed with my mpg ...

dunno if they all are but mine is 6 speed, and chipped

"upto 50 mpg on a run"

thats up and down the motorway

as long as you dont boot it its fine.

kris - wow 50 mpg thats like intergalactic miles to me, was only getting 22mpg in my previous honda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

maureen - you're not calculating properly, you still have a couple of gallons left in the tank when the light comes on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Winter time I can be as low as 25mpg, usually averages around 30-32mpg in lots of town running. Has often seen 46mpg at around 70-80mph, but recently, driven sensibly I did an average of 52mpg on a 200 mile trip.
The car is a FWD A4 B5 6sp Avant with 145,000 on the clock. It has a Tdi tuning box on it too

After converting from US gallons to UK gallons I am seeing a range from 29 to 41 mpg. So right in line with the earlier posters. Does anyone know the capacity of the quattro b5 fuel tank? I am seeing the light come on at around 11.5 UK gallons and am wondering if the pump in the tank that moves the fuel around is not coming on.

Never mind. Found the tank capacity.

thanks,

Last edited: