A3 Tyre Choices

geefunk1978

Reaction score
Website
www.gtdesignsolutions.com
Anyone know if you can choose between tyre brands on new A3's when ordering?
I see the new S3 has Conti's on, but I would prefer Michellin Pilot Sports as I think they are a lot better tyre.

Not as far I'm aware. It's just luck of the draw.

I think it's either Continentals or Pirellis too. No Michelin that I've heard of.

I did ask but no joy from the dealer, your dealer may have a hand in one of the local tyre companies so it may be worth asking

Not as far I'm aware. It's just luck of the draw.

I think it's either Continentals or Pirellis too. No Michelin that I've heard of.

My 2012 2.0 TDI-170 came from the factory with 225/24 x 17 Hankook Ventus S1 evo. Quite a nice tyre, good dry and wet grip and very quiet as well. Most of my previous A3s have come with Dunlop SP Sports.

They usually have two or three approved tyres and it'll come with a random one out of those. That said I've yet to see an 8V delivered with anything other than Contis.

Even if they did supply them with Michelins, they'd be Primacy or some such - there'd be no chance whatsoever of getting it supplied with Pilot Sports I'm afraid.

Mine came with Dunlop SPORT MAXX RT 225 45 R17 91 Y A0

Got nothing to compare it to but seems a very good tyre

Interesting, perhaps different because it's on 17s rather than 18s. Think all the 18" 225/40 tyres have been Conti SportContact 5s so far.

They usually have two or three approved tyres and it'll come with a random one out of those. That said I've yet to see an 8V delivered with anything other than Contis.

Even if they did supply them with Michelins, they'd be Primacy or some such - there'd be no chance whatsoever of getting it supplied with Pilot Sports I'm afraid.
Wifes AI 1.2 Sport came with Michelin Pilot Sport 3s fitted.

My 8V Sport, delivered in March on 17in rims, came with Pirelli Cinturatos

With it being an S3 there's no way I'd accept it having economy rated tyres!!
Conti's are OK, but Michellin Pilot Sports and Super Sports are in my opinion the best tyres money can buy.