A3 TDI Quattro exhaust options

lewi89

Reaction score
Guys/gals

I'm going to be enquiring today about getting a custom exhaust fabricated.

Any ideas that anyone can think of that would be beneficial?

Is it worth deleting the back box?

I have a hybrid turbo fitted also, if this makes a difference as I'll be looking to get a custom map in the near future once all the parts are fitted to get my to around 220-230bhp?

I'm in the same boat as you mate after reading this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/back-box-delete-on-2-0tdi.154405/ seems as though back box delete just gives a nice whoosh noise when turbo kicks in so little performance gain if any, I'm having mine done on Wednesday been quoted £180 which I thought was reasonable seeing as it's all custom made. Just need to decide on what tip to have now.

It's a tough decision ha! Had a chat with the garage about it and their view on it is that no back box can make it sound quite droning on long trips. They also said they will stick a cat in the floor so it can be swapped out come mot time all for about 400 quid from the turbo back.

I'm thinking of getting an oval tip tbh, just a little different to what I normally see going about

im also looking and i've read its worth deleting the dpf (hollowing it out) then going custom from after the dpf on... keep us informed because im considering custom pipe work also :sunglasses:
i cant imagine deleting the backbox will do alot apart from making the mot tester ask to many questions and be obvious to an insurance inspector if you crash

I don't have a DPF as its the PD140.

I'll still keep you informed of what I go with etc.

oh didn't realise
ha one less sensor to worry about then :)
cheers brah

Haha no worries bud! Still weighing up the options.

The guy that does it isn't back at the garage until August but I might have a look about end enquire elsewhere too