A3 rear wiper motor continuous on

aqibi2000

Reaction score
Wondering if there was a fix to this issue with my rear wiper motor.

It continuously stays on, used to only happen in the cold now it's always the case (therefore not the wiper stalk causing it)

Looking to hear about a fix without replacing it

Audi rear wiper motors are notorious for failing due to a design fault that allows washer fluid to enter the motor and cause all kinds of trouble.
Once the motor develops a 'mind of its own' then it's usually scrap and a new motor is needed.
Do a search on here for rear wiper motor and you'll see how common a fault it is.
Budget about £60 to sort it out.

I have a motor in great working condition for sale £30 delivered.

Reactions: aqibi2000
Definitely the wiper motor - it gets full of water (design fault) and causes erratic behaviour. One of the first jobs I did on mine when the car was only 4-years old. :chargrined: Many firms selling motors on Ebay and the little one I spoke to, said they sell hundreds per year. Very common issue and no real cure other than full replacement. :sadlike:

Easiest way to cure is replace it, they are cheap enough, just read the hundreds of threads about failures, in fact how could you miss them?

Thanks guys I've seen several posts of them going completely dead on cars and also the HID voltage spokes killing them, someone even posted something similar this week so sparked me to post this. Didn't think the water would cause it to stay on continuously since this would mean a very specific portion of the pcb has water conducting across it

Last edited:
Mine, when it went , had a mind of its own and sometimes stayed on permanently and other times would not start at all. The one thing it did not do was work properly!