A3 on S-Line Suspension dealer locator

oufc1976

Reaction score
Anyone know of a dealer that currently has an A3 (any model) running on S-Line suspension?

I've not found one in the Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire area.

Anyone with S-Line suspension live near Witney, Oxfordshire and wouldn't object to taking me for a spin in it?

Itguy:2086085 said:
Isn't the s-line suspension the same as s3 suspension?

Not sure to be honest. Don't know much about the S3. If it is that makes it easier.

From Audi site...

"The Audi S3 Sportback’s special sports suspension means the ride height is lowered by 25mm compared to the A3. The springs and dampers are tuned for sportier handling to complement perfectly Audi’s legendary quattro all-wheel-drive."

That suggests in terms of ride height it is the same as S-Line. Which at least gives me something to go on in terms of aesthetics. And gives me some confidence that it's a 'safe' choice

Not sure to be honest. Don't know much about the S3. If it is that makes it easier.

The S3 certainly has the same 25mm lowered suspension and 18" wheels and 225/40 tyres as the S-Line Sports suspension but whether is it the same I wouldn't know.

Well the s3 suspension drops the car 25mm over the SE suspension and 10mm from the sport suspension.

From memory the s line suspension option is a 10mm drop over the sport suspension too.

So in total;
SE - standard
Sport -15mm
S line -25mm
S3 -25mm

What I don't know is if the dampers are any different between them or if it is just the springs. I'll try and look at the parts guide.

I think the ride heights are the same, but thats it.

S-line and S3 probably have different dampers and perhaps springs, they certainly ride differently.

According to the Online Configurator:

S3
2UC - S Sports Suspension
G06 - Front Shock Absorbtion
UB5 - Rear Shock Absorbtion for Sports Design

S-line (with S-line Sports Suspension Selected)
2UG - S Line Sports Suspension
G04 - Front Shock Absorbtion
(no code given for rear shock absorption)

S-line (with default Sports Suspension)
2UC - Sports Suspension

S-line (with Sports Suspension de-selected)
2UA - Deselect Sports Suspension

Answer: The S3 suspension is unique, and is not replicated on the S-line

(for a fuller picture we would need photos of the boot sticker)

I'm in birmingham and have a 3 door on s-line suspension? It is similar to my previous 2007 a3 sportback s-line in all honesty, abit bumpy bumpy on bumpy roads which you could understand , you don't bounce all over the shop though. On decent roads with no potholes roads and motorways, it's brilliant! Handling is great on it.

Thanks mate. I've currently got a '99 MkIV Golf GTi on 18s with very little rubber. It can't be harder than that can it??

I currently have a 2003 MKIV Golf V6 4 motion and before that a 2012 8P S line and 2000 Golf MKIV GTI... I would say both Golfs are significantly softer sprung that the 8P S line, and the 8V S line ( standard Sport suspension) that I have on order...

PembsA3:2086253 said:
I currently have a 2003 MKIV Golf V6 4 motion and before that a 2012 8P S line and 2000 Golf MKIV GTI... I would say both Golfs are significantly softer sprung that the 8P S line, and the 8V S line ( standard Sport suspension) that I have on order...

That's really good info. Current order is with standard sport suspension. My desire to take S-Line suspension is based purely on aesthetics. Given your experience, would you recommend sticking with the standard sport suspension?

Personally (and it is a personal preference...) I'm glad to be settling with the standard sport set up. I think it's a good compromise. I would have liked the S line set up but where we live my Golf even bottoms out occasionally so a 10mm lower suspension probably isn't a good idea, for me, and I don't think you would actually tell the difference visually.

Thanks for the response. Probably best to leave my order as is then with standard setup, as I'd be picking S-Line 'blind'

Preferably the s-line does sit just perfect ! If you have a lot of crappy roads around you I wouldn't recommend having the s-line set up as when you do hit a big bump, you know about it! Having lowered cars previous to my last a3 sportback, i don't notice any difference :D one of those being a mk IV golf lowered on 17inch polished audi TT comps :) but if you really want to see if s-line is for you, always welcome to come for a spin in mine!

Reactions: oufc1976
DSC 0214

DSC 0109edit

Just to show you how it sits on the 18's with s-line suspension :)

Reactions: oufc1976
View attachment 27814

View attachment 27815

Just to show you how it sits on the 18's with s-line suspension :)

Thanks for these...just what I needed. In terms of visual appearance the difference to the Sport suspension is very subtle, and as aesthetics was the only reason I was keen on S-Line I think I'll leave the order as is and stick with standard Sport set-up.

Cheers!

Answer: The S3 suspension is unique, and is not replicated on the S-line

Thank goodness for that, I was worried that there might be mass suicide............... or at least a raft of second hand S3's coming on the market.

Reactions: veeeight
Thanks for these...just what I needed. In terms of visual appearance the difference to the Sport suspension is very subtle, and as aesthetics was the only reason I was keen on S-Line I think I'll leave the order as is and stick with standard Sport set-up.

Cheers!

Atleast it's made your mind up for you ! Sorted