A3/A4 LED's....Oh dear.

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
I've just seen my first A4 with daytime running lights this afternoon. All i can say is they look rubbish in my opinion. The strip of lights look way too short ( think it's only 3 or 4 LED's?). If the A3's are the same as this i really wouldn't bother.
The aftermarket A6 LED mod some people have done in the front bumper looks better than this and thats saying something.
Does anyone actually like them??
I think the A5's driving lights actually add road presence and really set off the front of the car but the A4's look like an after thought.

I seen one recently too and the led's were really yellow looking! i mean wtf why would you have a 'premium' car with horrible yellowish led's

Guys, sounds like none of you have actually seen an A4 with the LED DRLs, you all seem to be describing the standard DRLs not the LED ones.

The LED ones are a long strip of LEDs with a curve, the standards are 4 yellow bulbs.

These are the LEDs which don't match up with any of descriptions above

037__scaled_600_003.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh!!

now that makes alot more sense

i wondered why the R8 etc had bright blueish LED's and this thing had some yellow numbers

Every new A4 I've seen runs the yellow style drl's so guessing that the all A4's have DRL's its just the lower spec models have the yellow type ones and it will be the S-lines or something that will have the better LED style.

Whereas the lower spec A3's won't have leds DRL's at all which is probably a good thing!

Mark

Ahhhhhhhh!!

now that makes alot more sense

i wondered why the R8 etc had bright blueish LED's and this thing had some yellow numbers

They look very well on the A4 imo, they are vey similar to the A5s but the shape used is nicer.

Every new A4 I've seen runs the yellow style drl's so guessing that the all A4's have DRL's its just the lower spec models have the yellow type ones and it will be the S-lines or something that will have the better LED style.

Whereas the lower spec A3's won't have leds DRL's at all which is probably a good thing!

Mark

The LEDs come standard with the xenon lights, if you tick that option, or buy a package with the option you get them. In Ireland at least they are standard on the A4 Sport.

Yeah all the A4 models I've seen have been 2.0 TDi so prob just SE spec without xenons, look forward to seeing one with the led drl's as from the pics looks quite good!

Mark

Thats one nice truck TFSI, see what you mean about the led light looks v.cool!:thumbsup:

Mark

Guys, sounds like none of you have actually seen an A4 with the LED DRLs, you all seem to be describing the standard DRLs not the LED ones.

The LED ones are a long strip of LEDs with a curve, the standards are 4 yellow bulbs.

What this man said! The one being described are the crappy halogen DRL, I've seen 2 S-Line A4 with the proper LED DRL and it looks really nice like the A5 with loads of road presence.

Well what i saw was similar to the photo above but the LED's didn't go all the way along the headlamp. There were just maybe 4 'bulbs' in a row under the side light. They did look quite yellow thinking about it.
So are we saying they're not actually LED's but instead a new style of DRL for cars without the xenon units??

All a bit confusing....Whatever they were they looked rubbish anyway!

Well what i saw was similar to the photo above but the LED's didn't go all the way along the headlamp. There were just maybe 4 'bulbs' in a row under the side light. They did look quite yellow thinking about it.
So are we saying they're not actually LED's but instead a new style of DRL for cars without the xenon units??

All a bit confusing....Whatever they were they looked rubbish anyway!

That`s right mate, the yellowish DRL ain`t LED at all. Just normal bulbs.

Cheers for clearing that up.

So to summarise.... Always spec xenons from now on otherwise you'll end up with some funny looking yellow fairy lights.

037__scaled_600_003.jpg

These are the ones I've seen on the A4s and they look good.

Not sure if the A3s will look good cos they are just like an after thought where as the A4s headlights have been designed with them from the start.

I'm starting to see more and more A4's with those horrible LED DRL's.
TBH, I'd rather drive around with 'normal' headlights on, rather than looking like Graham Norton's bathroom mirror.

Bowfer what have you been doing in Graham Nortons' Bathroom..... ? :haha: