A3 8P 3DR LED Tail Lights

AdamA38P

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm looking into replacing my tail lights as they are a bit worse for wear.

Have seen these at a good price on eBay and look like an ideal replacement

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/371017787328?

Anyone had any experience? Hope they are just plug and play and cause no errors.

Cheers
Adam

Hi everyone

I'm looking into replacing my tail lights as they are a bit worse for wear.

Have seen these at a good price on eBay and look like an ideal replacement

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/371017787328?

Anyone had any experience? Hope they are just plug and play and cause no errors.

Cheers
Adam
I personally would stay OEM. What colour is your car? For around £40 extra (inc adaptor) you can get the newer tail lights (either MY09 or MY11) which would give the back of your car a much nicer loom!

These would be pretty much plug and play on the 3 door.

Get OEM A5 led ones from Audi or TPS I've been down this road, replaced my RS 3 bulbs with led's and had nothing but trouble !! twice i had one of the led's going faulty, in the end i did a bit of research and found the A5 ones are a straight swap, had no trouble since.

Also had trouble with some of the interior led's as well so had to replace those, here's me thinking the led's would last longer as well..........

Just make sure your car supports having them fitted, some can have the DIS error coded out by Vag-com & some cars don't allow it.

Some info on this thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-led-number-plate-lights-now-available.157283/

Aa69915d

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would stay OEM. What colour is your car? For around £40 extra (inc adaptor) you can get the newer tail lights (either MY09 or MY11) which would give the back of your car a much nicer loom!

These would be pretty much plug and play on the 3 door.
My car is liquid blue.

Do the OEM MY11 lights come with the bulb circuit board too?

Any coding required to stop errors too?

Cheers :)

Get OEM A5 led ones from Audi or TPS I've been down this road, replaced my RS 3 bulbs with led's and had nothing but trouble !! twice i had one of the led's going faulty, in the end i did a bit of research and found the A5 ones are a straight swap, had no trouble since.

Also had trouble with some of the interior led's as well so had to replace those, here's me thinking the led's would last longer as well..........

Just make sure your car supports having them fitted, some can have the DIS error coded out by Vag-com & some cars don't allow it.

Some info on this thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-led-number-plate-lights-now-available.157283/

View attachment 50078
I assume that is for the number plate lights? You read my mind as that is something else I'm looking into doing :)

Sorry my error I misread the first post
I do believe there are led tail lights out there.
I have a mk 1 TT as well and some of the guys on the TT forum have gone down this route.

My car is liquid blue.

Do the OEM MY11 lights come with the bulb circuit board too?

Any coding required to stop errors too?

Cheers :)
Turns out they're a simple plug and play, no coding or adaptors needed (sportback needs both :/! )

Not sure what you mean by bulb circuit board?

Also you'd have a choice of either MY09 or MY11; the difference being that the MY11 lights have a darker tint, otherwise AFAIK they're identical. So it'd be a case of deciding what would suit the colour of your car the most.

Turns out they're a simple plug and play, no coding or adaptors needed (sportback needs both :/! )

Not sure what you mean by bulb circuit board?

Also you'd have a choice of either MY09 or MY11; the difference being that the MY11 lights have a darker tint, otherwise AFAIK they're identical. So it'd be a case of deciding what would suit the colour of your car the most.
Happy days :)

I mean the bulb holder bit. I definitely need a new one as mine is corroding a bit where water has got in, due to dodgy seals too.

Also where is best to buy the MY11 ones from? Think I prefer them as they are darker tint

Those ebay led lights will ruin the A3. Will make it look cheap imo. Go with MY09/11 will freshen it up no end.

Happy days :)

I mean the bulb holder bit. I definitely need a new one as mine is corroding a bit where water has got in, due to dodgy seals too.

Also where is best to buy the MY11 ones from? Think I prefer them as they are darker tint
The entire rear light is changed as opposed to just the bulbs so that wouldn't be a problem?

You can get them from carparts4less :)

Reactions: AdamA38P
The entire rear light is changed as opposed to just the bulbs so that wouldn't be a problem?

You can get them from carparts4less :)
Cheers for the help mate. Found them on EuroCarParts too so gonna hold off till they have 30% off code again, prob next week as they have them so often lol. Will be same price for the pair as it is for one from Audi with the discount

Reactions: DriverN00B
Cheers for the help mate. Found them on EuroCarParts too so gonna hold off till they have 30% off code again, prob next week as they have them so often lol. Will be same price for the pair as it is for one from Audi with the discount
Fair enough pal... Be sure to let me know the next time they have this 30% discount! Could get a set of rears (again) for my sportback lol!

eurocarparts do my11 lights for around £120 for the pair, the only thing they don't have is the audi stamp but they are the exact ones, made by merelli?? something like that

and they're plug and play cos they're not LED, I have MY11s on my 2004

its just my opinion but one I think is widely shared, LED rear clusters of that nature just don't compliment the A3 8p that well

edit: just noticed you've found the eurocarparts ones