A3 3.2 DSG, Stalling when coming to a stop

adminkatana

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 2006 A3 3.2 DSG last week, weird fault developed today whereby the car died when stopping at a roundabout. After restarting, the EML and battery light was on and the car seemed to really launch off in D on the DSG. Approaching the next set of traffic lights, the car died again. Happened a few more times before reaching Christmas lunch!

I was very cautious driving home and managed to make it back ok. It's almost like you're trying to be incredibly gentle on the pedals to avoid the car idling too low and stalling.

I plugged my ELM OBDII WiFi reader in when getting home (No VCDS) and I had the "P0102 mass or volume air flow "a" circuit low" error code. Cleared the code and the car seemed to idle happier again.

At first I was worried about DSG failure, but now could it be something as simple as a MAF plug/ wire or a clogged up MAF? What steps would you all recommend from here? Have searched quite a bit but can't find anyone with these exact symptoms. Would really appreciate any advice before heading to a garage when they re open after Christmas. Thanks!

Unplug your maf and clean , check all wiring to maf , clear code and take for a spin then recheck to see if code comes back to rule out problem Maf

Unplug your maf and clean , check all wiring to maf , clear code and take for a spin then recheck to see if code comes back to rule out problem Maf

That's great thank you. I checked the MAF out and it all looked ok. Air filter seemed clean as well. Plugged it all back in and the car drove ok. My Dashcommand app is showing the MAF as reading 4 g/s on idle and 10 g/s on light load.

I am a bit nervous it's going to do it again, so fingers crossed nothing pops up in the next day or so! Thank you for your help!

If the same problem comes back , if you can get hold off another Maf try it and see if you get same error, as it might need replaced or the error vould be an old logged one that wasn't cleared

I would have taken MAF measurements via OBD before cleaning it so you can positively identify a difference before and after cleaning it with respect to your symptoms.

I have a a data log of a drive the other day with MAF readings, great idea, I will compare readings now.

You can drive the car with the maf unplugged as it will default to predefined values. If it runs better albeit a little flat, then your maf is goosed, if not then the problem is possibly elsewhere

Reactions: adminkatana and paddy
You can drive the car with the maf unplugged as it will default to predefined values. If it runs better albeit a little flat, then your maf is goosed, if not then the problem is possibly elsewhere
Thank you!